Apr 18,2013
Apr 18,2013
I have rented property for many years & have dealt with many landlords & agents. Some are obviously better than others but I have never been made to feel quite so irrelevant & inconsequential as I was by this agent throughout the tenancy. If there\'s a problem with the property & you go in to talk about it they don\'t even bother to disguise their annoyance & irritation. When it came to the landlord wanting to sell the property (an ongoing & accepted risk when you rent) they treat you as an inconvenience without importance or opinion. I would not use or recommend this agent from a tenants point of view. I don\'t know what they\'re like from a landlords point of view but I can say they make no secret of their opinion of the landlords when speaking to the tenants. They\'re not a very professional organisation & I won\'t be using them again.
The agent should behave in a more professional manner. They should also treat their tenants as they would like to be treated themselves if they were in the same situation. Tenants are rather important to their business, they should treat them accordingly & give them the respect they too deserve.
By: Christine Collyer
Apr 30, 2013
The Team at Collyers are very disappointed and surprised to hear that one of our tenants feels they have an issue with the way they have been treated, even more so when it was our impression that we have a good relationship with all our tenants. It is always our intention to treat our tenants with utmost respect and every issue that is brought to our attention is reported to the landlord promptly and dealt with in line with guidelines set down by the regulatory bodies that we have worked hard to become a member of. It is understandable that on occasions when a properly has multiple problems that are costly to rectify, it may appear to the tenant, who has to live with these problems, that issues are not dealt with by us or the landlord in the time frame that they would prefer. However, behind the scenes, the team at Collyers work tirelessly with the landlord to find affordable solutions to what are sometimes major problems. It is also understandable that a tenant will be unhappy when we have to advise them of a landlord's intention to sell. Whilst no complaint has been made to us, it is obvious from the comments of this tenant that they are unhappy and feel that have not been treated inappropriately. The team at Collyers have taken on board their comments and will strive to ensure this misconception of our attitudes and levels of service do not occur again. We are sorry they feel so strongly that they would not use our services again and unreservedly apologise for any upset caused.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Collyers Estate Agents Barnstaple! To leave a new review of Collyers Estate Agents Barnstaple, please click the link below !
Write a review for Collyers Estate Agents Barnstaple