Apr 18,2013
Apr 18,2013
I have seen various properties with Palmer Snell, & had the \'you must meet with our mortgage adviser\' lecture every time I was even remotely interested in a property. I wanted to put in an offer on a house, & despite telling them numerous times that my finances were in place & I had a mortgage in principle, they insisted I see their inhouse mortgage adviser otherwise any offers I made might be rejected by the seller in favour of someone vetted by their inhouse mortgage broker. Not legal I\'m told by many sources. Having explained my worries to Palmer Snell regarding conflicts of interest etc, I was assured the mortgage adviser would not discuss salary/deposits with the estate agent, yet when I went to see them, I had to answer all these questions with 2 estate agents (including mine!) sitting within 5 feet. The mortgage adviser, although enthusiastic, didn\'t expect me to have done my howework, therefore I could see he was not being honest about costs, or explaining them very well. Rather than give me mortgage quotes on the spot, I was asked to come back a second time (which I didn\'t, after being asked the ludicrous question "in an ideal world, how much would you be willing to pay for insurance" - not being funny, anybody\'s answer to that question is "as little as possible" but he wanted me to specific PER type of insutance). Despite having been told that seeing the mortgage adviser would mean that I would be placed atop a list meaning I would receive property details ahead of anyone else, I have heard nothing from them since, despite my chasing the mortgage adviser for quotes various times. Ditto, I don\'t receive any more information from Palmer Snell... except from their OTHER branches where I am not looking for houses, & whose relentless emails advertise properties £50k out of my price range. I would avoid these people at all costs.
By: Lookingforsomepaybackformylosttime
Jul 21, 2014
Bang to rights PS again

Your arrogant staff even took the piss right to my face when I queried the same thing

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Palmer Snell Branch! To leave a new review of Palmer Snell Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Palmer Snell Branch