Apr 18,2013
Apr 18,2013
The agent employed a builder who botched the moving of my washing machine, resulting in leakage. The builder also didn\'t clear his rubbish away as per our written agreement. I had to pay to sort both things out. The builder reacted hysterically when I forwarded the bill from the emergency plumber (£147). He rang up the plumber and berated him; so much so that the plumber wrote a blog post about it (http://www.plumber24hours.co.uk/plumber-blog/index.php/2012/04/18/how-to-washing-machine-hose/). The Belvoir agent named above went into blame-the-victim mode. He didn\'t do anything to get the builder to remove the rubbish either, even though he explicitly said he would. The agent is a deeply unsympathetic man; he is also insecure, in that he points out his office assistant\'s grammatical and spelling errors in front of clients. The builder was deficient in other ways, but there was no point in bringing them to the attention of the Belvoir agent, who had shown he would do nothing on my behalf. The agent took 10 percent of the builder\'s fee (excluding the \'off the books\' (and quite possibly illegal) builder\'s demand for £3000) but did nothing for it. I suspect he (and the builder) saw that I am a non-confrontational person and took advantage of that fact. I have been angry and upset with him, because he did nothing for me, and shouted at me in a public environment. Now I feel genuinely sorry for him, as he is obviously in a position for which he is not suited, and subject to stresses that he cannot handle. It is all very sad. I hope this post lead to him finding a more congenial position, for his sake and those of his other clients.
He could have accepted that the builder let me down by not pushing washers in the taps to the washing machine. He could stop blaming me for not ringing the builder at 11.30pm when the leak was happening; rather than blame me, he could have apologised to me for the builder\'s incompetence in this. He could and should have ensured that the builder removed his rubbish, as is written in the contract and as the agent agreed with me orally in his office. In short, he could have looked after my interests for the approximately ‚£2000 he took from as his commission. Instead he did nothing.
By: Tosca the Immortal
May 17, 2015
I agree with this comment. I won't go into detail as I'm taking legal advice, but make sure any property you rent from these guys has a Gas Installation Certificate and that the electrical work conforms with the 17th edition of the Regulations.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Belvoir Office 94! To leave a new review of Belvoir Office 94, please click the link below !
Write a review for Belvoir Office 94