Apr 11,2013
Apr 11,2013
***WARNING - do not use this company***

Where to start with this company. All seemed to be going OK with them until I handed over my money (£750) and got my house listed on Rightmove. I then had multiple problems with the service from them and had to chase them on everything. Viewed a property in Birkdale a second time and was not rung for a followup call for a week. Our offer was accepted but found out a few weeks later on Rightmove that the same property was now \'sold STC\'. So alarm bells were ringing given we were kept out the loop.

Following various emails back and forth reporting issues with the service I emailed them a bunch of new photos to be listed. However all week including today I have tried contacting them on both their numbers and just get a pre-recorded message saying they will open at 9am the next day. Unfortunately this smells like the company is folding as many ltd companies do taking our money with them.

I have filed a complaint with the property ombudsman, the number on their Manchester page https://www.housetree.co.uk/manchester/ appears to be a wrong number and a young girl answered. I should have realised to avoid them when I spotted they have 'commission' spelt wrong on their for sale signs and picture on their twitter account. Searching for 'housetree' on Google I found a different mobile number which someone answered. The man I spoke to said he no longer had any affiliation with housetree and hasn't done for over a year. All sounds very suspect. How this can be legal is just criminal given its essentially fraud.

I\'ve also tracked down some of their personal accounts on linkedin and twitter but again no response.
A check on companies house shows they are still active:

Name & Registered Office:
Company No. 07290368

Richard Richmond
Director at House Tree Ltd
Give me my money back and an apology. I have a wife who\'s just become pregnant and we need to move. They have misled and stolen from us. Feel very let downdown
By: House Tree
May 07, 2013
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with House Tree. Unfortunately the company did go into administration however House Tree is now under new management and will continue to market any existing customers properties. Even if an upfront payment has already been made your property will continue to be marketed and all enquiries will be handled by ourselves.

If you did want to discuss the marketing of your property in any way feel free to give us a call on 0207 060 4674.

Kind regards,
Tom Harrington

House Tree
By: I
Apr 16, 2013
I have just had an email from the new company asking me to sign up to their new terms and arrange for the direct debit to be changed. The tone of the email seemed to insist they would be taking over the marketing of my property. Given I didn't sign up to them (it was House tree) am I within my right to tell them I do not wish for them to sell my property?
By: Marian
Apr 15, 2013
Oh no, I thought this might be the case when my I noticed my property had gone from Rightmove and no-one was answering the phones. Guess I had better take the board down and hope they get another agent in. I paid upfront too as they sold my house last year and were very good.
By: RobC
Apr 11, 2013
Thanks Jay, where did you find this information? Agreed its a shame we've been mislead and they get to walk away and just start up another limited company. The law needs to be changed. I'm now £750 out of pocket money I could ill afford to waste and back to square one with my sale.
By: JayB
Apr 11, 2013
RobC - sorry to have to advise you (and every other victim), but following some further investigation work, I have since learn't that Housetree has gone into administration. I have just written another review with the advice I was given which was to cancel any direct debit you have with your bank, to remove your For Sale Board if you have one, and to wait to hear from the administrator. I was also advised that another on line estate agent is being sought, to take over the existing business possibly by tomorrow (Friday 12/4). I had two offers on my property which were at a crucial stage in finalising a deal before the phones went down this week. NUMB!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of House Tree Beckenham! To leave a new review of House Tree Beckenham, please click the link below !
Write a review for House Tree Beckenham