Jun 03,2010
Jun 03,2010
I am currently in a property that is being let by these so called agents. When we moved in the central heating didn't work at all and we currently still don't have proper heating. Our hot water isn't very hot and our radiators don't work apart from in the living room. We don't have ANY flooring down in out kitchen and our kiten itself is NOT hygiene friendly its terrible. We have a little and in her room the window is faulty and they refuse to replace it and make it safe. We have wooden windows and not UPVC like all houses on our row. All the window frames are rotting, we have a wooden door on the front that is really hard to open. Our back door its wooden too and has big cracks in it. The whole house is falling to pieces. Tame estates charge far too much for their houses and add on rediculous charges (
By: key
May 30, 2012
i lived at town lane for a year their was mould coming through my back door a leak coming through the bathroom in to my living room in the ceiling which was not looked at for a week when i stripped the walls after being told i could decorate they all just crumbled and when i asked them to repair them they said no it on my toes then i was on a rolling contract they are trying to charge me for leaving early when i was in a rolling contract they dont care about anyone aslong as they get their money the fire in living room was left hanging off where my son played i was constantly in arrears apparently when i phoned up they would say ignore the letter they should be closed down
By: foster
Jan 21, 2012
Im a very happy tennant of Tame estates.They have done my repairs promptly and safety checks.I pay my rent and they dont bother me.In my opinion these complaints are from a minority or non rent payers.
By: foster
Jan 21, 2012
By: F**king P***ed at tame estates
Aug 16, 2010
I agree with Rach we should all get together and take them to court before they ruin another family. I am fed up with Emma or who ever she is in Accounts. When ever I have to ring up and speek to her I shake because I have bad nerves. She is awful. Over christmas when we 1st moved in I had to ring her to sort out my rent because I was in arrears and she said that if I didnt get the money to her in 1 week ( I owed
Aug 03, 2010
sorry should have put i didnt want to pay the rent myself, but begrudgingly i have paid it all, roll on next week when im out of here!!!
FOR RACH
Hi rach, you need to put this down as a review rather than a comment so the number of disaproves goes up!
I cant comment on whether they actually do the credit checks, but what you say would not surprise me. All the admin staff are rude, and im pretty sure i have spoken to them all now, even their newest member of staff has already been taught the art of bad manners!
Take dated photographs of all rooms in the house, espcially pictures of everything you have asked to be repaired and hasnt been.
Who advised you not to pay the rent? I fully understand why you didnt want to pay it, I didnt myself, but unfortunately now they have every right to evict you.
By: Rach
Aug 03, 2010
Tame estate were my only hope when I recieved this house and since moving in I have nothing but problems. I think now Y didnt I listen 2 my sister. The HOLDING FEE is supposed 2 b for the holding of the house and gredit checks of which apparently they dont do. My sister used to work for them and has stated that they dont do credit checks on anyone. I was advised to withhold the top up rent and have recieved an eviction notice. I am hoping to seek legal advise about the state of the property. I ahve had the enviromental health coming today taking photos ect and I have found out every room but mine is damp. Its discusting. II WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GET A HOUSE WITH TAME ESTATE. EVER! I have 3 little ones and I had no boiler or hot water for a week and when they did finally send someone round to do the boiler they turned up at 7.30pm when my baby was in bed in the room where the boiler was. The guy was then horrible when he camer when i stated that he will have to come back another time to do the boiler swearing at me in front of other children on the street. Emma from accounts is rude n vile. Apparently theres an MD but noone is allowed to speak to him according to her. N one of the girls who takes the list of repaires is also disgraceful. This company needs shutting down and not b able 2 reopen as anything. I am very discusted in the way I have been treated by them. Noone came to do the boiler so i had to pay out myself to have it repaired even tho im on benefits. Maybe we should all go and see if we can see the same solicitor and sue this letting agency. Maybe they wont be so cocky with their tenants again if we do.
Jul 26, 2010
Dont pay them anymore debz. all agencies charge for the credit checks, its normal procedure, and that should cover the land registry fees and anything else they do. Are you trying to get another guarantor? If not, then why give them any more money, its not like theyy can evict you or do anything. They have told you that they cant house you due to your guarantors circumstances, id count your blessings and keep away from them. I obviously dont know your circumstances, but if it possible for you to get a deposit and months rent in advance, id go with another landlord , you arent legally obliged to tell them ur on housing benefits and the housing behefit pay you direct and cant tell the landlord without your permission
Jul 26, 2010
My guarantor wasn't a property owner in England, he owns his home in Spain so thats why they couldn't use him and he was my only guarantor. They're now saying I have to pay for land registary fees which a solicitor has just informed me that they cost
Debz,
The holding fee is the cost of credit checking you and your guarantor, did the guarantor "fall through" due to the credit check failing, or not being a home owner, or did they just decide they couldnt do this for you? It was with Tame I take it? Im really sorry this has happened to you Debbie, and its a lot of money, but believe me, you would have stood to lose much more if you had have become on of their tenants
I put down
Jul 26, 2010
Debz, after reading all these reviews, would you really want your family to live in one of their houses? Although this was one of my points they prey on low income families, advertising they accept housing benefit, knowing they are most peoples last resort, then stick them in shoddy housing, with a high rent, and not much chance of being able to save for a deposit once you realise what you have done.
Dont really want to get into politics, but they are able to do this due to a lack of social housing cauded when some bright spark decided to let people by their council houses, without the fulfilling the promise to put the money back into social housing.
Jul 03, 2010
Where abouts is ur house with tame estates as im desperate for a house n with me being on benefits at the moment there looking as my only hope?

te Lettings