May 30,2010
May 30,2010
Story it's long but I'll keep it as short as possible. At 09.06.2009 we (me and my family) reported first issues with flat to agency property manager. Bathroom airflow that was supporting ventilation has stop working, tap in kitchen has broken, paint was peeling from kitchen wall. We have been told by property manager that there is no obligation for landlord to carry any repairs according to tenancy agreement. We study agreement carefully and we have found point stating that its duty of landlord to take care of repairs. We informed agent about that. Then agent respond to us that there is no such a obligation according to Landlord and Tenant Act. We made research and we found that is clearly stated in L&T Act that they have to carry out repairs. Agent has been informed and replied to us that landlord don't want do repairs as he is going to sell property.

Till that time we hit August and with the end of the month black mould appeared in bathroom and toilet. In next months we asked agency many times for help. To January 2010 mould called black has spread greatly across bathroom, toilet, kitchen and bedroom.
We informed Wandsworth Environmental Department about situation. One of their officer came to see property, then officer wrote the report and served to agency and to landlord Preliminary Notice on 12 February.

In March i contacted local Law Centre. One of their lawyers after getting known with situation advices us to find a legal help as actions of agent/landlord are unacceptable. At 1st April agent has served us a letter stating we have to leave property. On that time fortunately we had a lawyer involved from Law Centre that has taken our case. Lawyer has confirmed that letter to leave don't look correct. I've written official complain to them in which i asked them to have a look at whole case in details including my correspondency with property manager. I get polite answer meaning nohing realy and still there is no reaction.

I would like to describe Agency and property manager in charge of our flat in many words.... None of them would be praise. Case definitely will find final in court. I will sooner fall dead or go bankrupt before I will allow agent run away without taking responsibility for their actions.

I gladly share my experince with anyone. My email:
Avoid LT like a plague.
By: ludlowthompson customer services
Jun 07, 2010
Further to your recent review please be advised that Ludlow Thompson are fully aware of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.

The repairs initially reported such as paint peeling unfortunately do not fall under this legislation.

The repairs were reported to your Landlord as the Landlord had requested to carry out all repairs on the property. We fully communicated all issues to the Landlord and kept you as the tenants fully updated of progress.

The Landlord did not make Ludlow Thompson aware of his intentions to sell until August 2009.

With regards to the repair issues we sent contractors to attend and to obtain quotes. The Landlord advised that he would serve notice or allow you to vacate in order to carry out the repairs as major works are now needed.

To date notice has been served correctly as per the Tenancy Agreement. We understand however that you are refusing to vacate the property and therefore Ludlow Thompson and the Landlord cannot be held liable for this.

The council are aware of all of the above and that works have been carried out. They also appreciate that further works cannot be carried out until the Landlord has possession of the property.

I trust the above clarifies your issues and that by remaining in the property you as the tenants are delaying any further works.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Apex House! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Apex House, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Apex House