Apr 06,2013
Apr 06,2013
I have put in offers on three properties through Douglas Allen and will not deal with them again.

On the first property, I had an offer accepted. I then called them a couple of days later to confirm some details of the property only to find out that I had been gazumped and no one had bothered to call me and tell me.

On the second property they promised to call me later that day to tell me the vendor\'s response to my offer, and didn\'t get back to me. When I called 3 days later they insisted they had called and spoken to me (effectively accusing me of lying or suggesting I had forgotten the conversation).

On the third property, I had my offer accepted and they said they would contact me the next day to confirm details. I heard nothing back from them for a week, despite my sending emails to ask what was happening. When I then called, I was told that the vendor was no longer listing the property through Douglas Allen and that I should go through another agent. Obviously, they hadn\'t bothered to call me and tell me this.

Their total failure to communicate is just breathtaking. They find good properties and seem really helpful up until the point where you actually put an offer in, after which they stop bothering to communicate. Unbelievably bad service.
By: Douglas Allen
Apr 15, 2013
I wish ‘Hannah’ had entered more specific details about her issues so these could be properly investigated. At the moment I have no way of knowing which properties or which branch she is referring to.

As an estate agent we would not earn any commission until a property is sold so it would make no sense to prevent ‘Hannah’ from offering on properties or being in frequent communication with her. I would ask her to contact our Client Liaison Department so that we may deal with this matter effectively and help in her property search.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 13! To leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 13, please click the link below !
Write a review for Douglas Allen Office 13