Nov 26,2012
Nov 26,2012
I wish i hadnt bothered renting from them. People had told me they were a nightmare but unfortunatly for me they were the only estate agents tht would rent with housing benefit helping. on the day we moved in we went into our new property and switched on the water to sunddenly find that they was a problem with the overflow tank so we had water gushing out the back garden and water gushing through the loft door. we manged to contact our property manager at the time! who called a plumber out who informed us he had to fix the problem the next day which also led to us having no electric due to the electrics being flooded they finally got it sorted the next day. but thats not all! the house was dirty when we first moved in there was mould in one of the bedrooms, the wall paper in the kitchen and bathroom was peeling off the walls one of the windows in my sons bedroom did not open the whole house was a shambles (your thinking why did i stay there, well i didnt have a choice) now u would think that after what happened on our first day they would want to get things fixed but no the only way to get tobin jones to do anything is to harrass them by phoneing them all the time, now even with the problems i lived at the property for 2 yrs they never fixed any of the problems they raised my rent by £45 and to top it off whenever i went into the office they didnt have a clue who i was, i had a total of 5 different property managers! how much more could they throw at me! after 2 yrs of renting from them my landlord decided to sell the house so i received my two months notice to move and decided to move back to my family town they sent me out a letter reminding me that i needed to have the house proffesionally cleaned and even attached a buisness card of a cleaning company no wpoeple had told me that they were terrible at giving back th efull deposits and they charge you you for stupid bits so i decided to use the company they had attached on my letter. i phoned up the company and got a quote so decided to book it for the day before the checkout as my belongings were going the day before. the cleaning company also informed me that they would call me the day before to confirm the time they would be arriving so it came to moving day and i hadnt recieved my phonecall so i called up the company who then apologised to me on the phone as tobin jones had decided to change there cleaners and had taken all the tobin jones contracts from them so now u have me in the middle of a move to another town in a panic as i now didnt have a cleaner. i called the tobin jones office a total of 50 times and each me thelin e was busy! i then had to leave my house (in the middle of moving) to go to the office to see what was going on to find that they were having a refurb amd had no phonelines for the day! i was then asked who i was!!!!! and then spoke to my letting agent to find out what was going on with my cleaning to be told that they knew nothing of my contract and they had a new cleaning company. i finally managed to get them to see my point and that there was no way i was going to get another cleaner to do an end of tenancy clean the next day so they told me that they would get a clener sorted and that i could do the checkout before the clean. so the next day i dont the checkout was told everything was fine handed over my keys and they informed me that i would recive a closing account detailing my deposit before they sent the check about 5working days i received my closing account stating the cleaning (which i was happy with as it wasa cheaper than what i was going to originally pay) and that was it. so i signed it and set it straight back expecting them to send me my cheque out as soon as they received it. it then got to 17 working days and i still hadnt recieved my cheque so i decided to give them a ring to find out what was going on incase the cheque had been sent but got lost. i spoke to my property manager who turned around to say that she was going to call me!!! to discuss some extra charges!!! now bear in mind that 1. they had already sent out the closing account 2. we was already on working day 17 which states in my contract that they have 10 working days to send out my closing account and my cheque!! so after disagreeing to the extra charges i was told they would phone me back in 15 minutes, 30 minutes passed so i called them again to be told they needed to look into it and they would phone me on the monday (day 17 was friday) i said this was fine and asked for a time and was told that i would be called at 10am and it was in the diary. monday came i was waiting for the call at 10 am, it got to 10.10am and i decided to call to be told that my property manager was in a meeting!!! so the lady told me she would get my property manager to phone me in half an hr well half an hour came and went so in the end i got my mum to phone who spoke to the manager who then told her my property manger would call me back well it got to 4pm when i dedcided to call them again to be then fobbed off again and was told they would call me in 15 minutes an hr later i got back on the phone and finally managed to speak to my property manger who has now decided that i will recive the full amount of my deposit less the cleaning now im going to give them 2 days for me to recieve my cheque and if it does not come i have my mum (who lives in the area) on standby to go into the office. I am disgusted and appalled by there behaviour and i recommened that no matter how desperate you are do not rent from this company.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tobin Jones Office 1! To leave a new review of Tobin Jones Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tobin Jones Office 1