May 21,2010
May 21,2010
I would urge anyone trying to have anything to do with Ludlow Thompson estate agents to be very careful. They are the worst of the worst and I have had a horrendous experience with them.
They let our property without adequately vetting / referencing the tenants who have failed to pay the rent after the 1st 2 months. I was assured that legal cover and rental warranty was within the fee we paid them about 14.5% for rent collection service only but when the tenant failed to cough up they failed to start legal cover despite sending me numerous emails that I have legal cover.
I had to get my own solicitor to start eviction proceedings against the tenant but when the case went to court the judge dismissed the case as the tenancy agreement was defective with wrong dates. even the section 21 served by them was defective as it was an year out like the tenancy agreement.

We have involved the ombudsman now and depending on the outcome we will be reporting them to the other regulatory bodies.

They have overcharged me on the fees and have agreed to refund the money, but that was 8 months ago. I am yet to see the money.

Every time I speak to someone it is someone new. I am down to my 6th or 7th contact and each one of them assured me that they will sort out the case but never come back to you. When you tell the new person about the case and that you have already spoken to someone they tell you that that person has laft the company.

They have got away with a lot. On top of everything I have developed a medical problem and I am awaiting a response from the ombudsman but warn everyone to stay away from them. They are totally incompetent.
By: ludlowthompson customer services
Jun 23, 2010
We are sorry to hear that you have been disappointed by the service you have been received by Ludlow Thompson.
At Ludlow Thompson we operate very strict referencing criteria; all tenants will be referenced using this criteria so that we can ensure our clients have satisfactory tenants. Unfortunately we are unable to predict whether a tenant will fall into arrears or default on there tenancy, even after very detailed referencing.
Legal expenses and rental warranty is now available to all future rent collection lets to avoid any further problems. We are sorry that you had different outcomes with different colleagues and we hope we can try and resolve this.
if you would like to discuss your complaint further then please contact Ludlow Thompson directly and we will hopefully be able to come to some form of conclusion.
By: Saima R.
Jun 10, 2010
Very true! The same thing happened to me! They use verbal references and nothing else! Laura Mathias (Customer Service Director) is the Ludlow girl you need to target. And remember: ignore their cheesy, David Brent industry talk... and keep emailing.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Bow! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Bow, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Bow

634-636 Mile End Road London
E3 4PH

020 8981 2670 (s) or 020 8150 3325 (l)