Apr 01,2013
Apr 01,2013
NEVER trust this agent!

We had the branch "manager" out to value our property and she advised us that if we marketed our property with them they would hold an open day, which would generate lots of interest and hopefully offers on our property. She then told us that if we did receive an offer they would tell them that someone else who viewed the property at the same time had put in a higher offer, hoping that they would then increase theirs, that way we would get the best possible price!!!!

We can only imagine this is exactly what game they played when we purchased our property through them some years earlier!!!! (It had been on the market a while when we started seriously looking to buy, we viewed it and put in an offer the same day only to be told 2 other people were interested and we would need to increase our offer, which we did!)

Needless to say we didn\'t market our property through Ward and Partners!

However, when we sold our property and was looking for somewhere to move to we viewed a few properties through them. We found a house we loved, and put an offer in just below the asking price. I was told that the offer had been declined and the vendor would accept 165,000 but not anything less. This was within our budget, so we increased to this. I was then told......that they would go back to the vendor with this offer "but not to get my hopes up as old people do tend to change their mind alot!!" YES SERIOUSLY!!

We were also constantly pressured into coming in and talking to their mortgage advisor - even when I persistently told them we had our mortgage fully agreed elsewhere, I was also told that if I didn\'t come in and discuss my finances with their mortgage advisor I would not be classed as a serious buyer!!!! (I have not once heard this from any other agent we have dealt with!!)

I am fully aware Ward and Partners take a huge cut out of successful recommendations to their in house mortgage advisor and solicitors.

When I made it clear I would not be taking out a mortgage through them or using Martin Tollhurst solicitors suddenly they seemed very disinterested in me. From calling me up to 4-5 times a day and leaving constant messages to hearing absolutely nothing!!

They clearly have very high targets to achieve and unfortunately this is their main concern! Having spoke to people locally about my view of them I was shocked to hear so many similar bad reports!!

My advise would be to avoid at all costs, especially the Birchington branch as they wouldn\'t know honesty if it jumped up and hit them in the face!
By: Anon
Apr 16, 2013
We are first time buyer and have viewed a few properties through ward and partners. From what you are saying I can totally understand due to the way we are being treated presently by a branch in Kent near us. In comparison to other agents who are very helpful and always calling to check in, from what I have experienced of ward and partners so far is a shambles with no customer service towards us. Such a shame that our experience of buying our first home has been tainted by their games. I don't have time for it personally. Such a shame that the quality of service some people have received from w&p is not the same at every branch.
By: Ms James
Apr 10, 2013
I can assure you i am not 'another local agent in Birchington' writing this. (I have contacted 'Jason Bunning' directly to discuss this further) Yes Ward and Partners are very 'passionate' about what they do, I didn't disagree with that for a second, the problem lies where they deliberately deceive potential buyers to boost their commission ratings!

Its also factual that I am far from the only person on this website to mention about being severely pressured into using their recommended solicitors, mortgage advisers and being lied to about offers being outbid!!! (Oh let me guess all the other estate agents in Birchington have sat their on their lunch break and collaborated a plan!!!)
By: davey
Apr 05, 2013
Sounds very much like another local agent in Birchington writing this........ Ward and Partners sucessfully outsell many agents in Kent and always will do as we are passionate about what we do.
By: Jason
Apr 04, 2013
This feedback is extemely disappointing. I don't appear to be able to identify a complaint made to the branch or our client liaison department from the general details given and would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues of concern. Please contact me at jason.bunning@wardandpartners.co.uk Thank you. Jason Bunning, Group Partner.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ward & Partners Office 43! To leave a new review of Ward & Partners Office 43, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ward & Partners Office 43