Mar 30,2013
Mar 30,2013
We bought a block of 10 flats from Auction 15th March 2011, as Oakfield we manage it , we continued to use them and signed 2 years management contract. It became a nightmare !

1. When I called 999 July 2012 regarding empty flat 4, front door had been smashed , I was only been told by 999 police contact centre it had been reported the day before by flat above and the OAKFIELD WAS informed 11am the very same day , but Oakfield had not bother to call us at all .( the email was then arrived after I had called Oakfield and questioned if they knew it more than 24 hours before I found out )

Similar things had also happened February 2012 , three windows and a door had been smashed , police were called during office hours , OAKFIELD only send an EMAIL around 10:30am to let us know , by the time we open email was 6-7 pm , the next day builder went to office to pick up keys - guess what ??? Oakfield couldn\'t find it , builder had to calming through the BROKEN window to open the door ! ( extra charge !!!!! thanks to Oakfield couldn\'t find the key ! On purpose?)

2. Flat 7 Antony T disappeared between August - October 2012 , as they never inspect the building , I had to keep an
eye on the building -his door was damaged and locker had beed changed twice ( I did send photos to Oakfield ) despite his three month in arrears , Oakfield couldn\'t careless to check if he was still there or contact him !
, when I asked Oakfield to find out if anyone and who is using the flat Oakfield answer : We called his girlfriend ( who????) SHE said Antony is still there ! I had to call locksmith to break in and clearly showed there was no resident, no cloth , no bed , our fridge had been taken , oven been kicked and without electric plug , bathroom door smashed ....

3. We are not happy for references checking before tenants move in - and once they move in you don\'t care if they pay the rent or not because they just simply take the money from other tenants rent !

Flat 4, Hannah P moved in 2011 , with violent history with police ..nonpayment habit , what did Oakfield do to get money from her ? Nothing

Flat 7. Antoni T History of challenge behaviour / mental issues / autism ... nonpayment ( Spring / Summer 2012) , again Oakfield decided to call a "stranger "who is not on the tenancy agreement - this silly call just to confirm that Oakfield has the RIGHT to falsely charge me the " management " FEE ( from other tenants payment - easy was that ! )

Flat 6. Charlie P police issue .. Nonpayment ( Summer 2012 ) what did Oakfield do to get rent from him ? sending him a open note - Charlie please contact Oakfield on a post card in the public area !

Flat 1 Disappeared Summer 2012 , I had to break in to her flat to get proof Oakfield that she had gone !!!! to stop Oakfiel continue CHARGE me the " management fee " ( which was never any management )

It was such a easy way to make money out of our flats , as long as Oakfield get money , it doesn\'t matter half of them were in arrears / (never paid . )or disappeared / vacant their flat because Oakfield took money in advance from other tenants , why bother ? !

4. Keys - where do I start?

Last November Southern Water need to do investigation , I went to office to SIGN my name to get key of flat 1, and went back to the building , it was WRONG key , I then called Oakfield to send keys by a taxi and I will pay for Taxi even it was YOUR fault , Oakfield refused because the key has to be signed , I was standing in the rain(with Southern Water needed to go for next appointment ) and tell Penny that I already "Signed "10 minutes ago , it was your fault given me the wrong key , Penny said there is nobody in the office with car so couldn\'t help , I replied I will get my solicitor .....

Since December 2012 , I have been asking Oakfield where are the 3 Front Door registered keys from ex tenants ,- you are still looking as 27-03-13 Hannah told me. ( I wonder If it is fun to threw away the keys and give the landlord the bill ! )

There are so many unprofessional / non existing service from Oakfield. Above is just out of my head without even looking my records .

5. The unnecessary boilers service charge - we gave Oakfield 9 out of 10 flats Boiler certificates , 3 month later they ordered plumber to do it again and only informed us by email one day before , by the time we read email , it was too late - Oakfield took £600 from our account !
6. When do Oakfield inspect the building as they charge us 10% manangement fee ? Oakfield : as necessary
When ?? All the tenants said : Never

Oakfield couldn\'t careless if tenant pays or not , as long as 2 out of 10 flats pays , they are covered as they take money in advance for 10 of them . Sometimes there is hardly any money for me with 10 flats all occupied !
By: Samantha Hensher
Apr 02, 2013
Dear Mrs Clark,

Firstly, thank you for leaving us feedback. Your comments are important to us.

As discussed with you I am currently in the process of investigating each of the points you have raised and endeavour to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

I am sorry that you have not received a satisfactory service from Oakfield. Our aim is to deliver excellent customer service at all times.

Kind regards

Samantha Hensher MARLA MIRPM
Financial Director
For and on behalf of Oakfield

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Oakfield Hastings! To leave a new review of Oakfield Hastings, please click the link below !
Write a review for Oakfield Hastings