Mar 26,2013
Mar 26,2013
During the early hours of Sunday morning (one of the coldest of the year-24/3/13) the fuses in the rented property tripped. On exploration the fault was in the boiler and I call CJ Hole to report this. On getting through to someone in the office, they made me aware that they had been in touch with their maintenance contractors and someone would soon be in touch.

After a couple of hours, Id called back and the person at the end of the line was surprised that no one had been in touch, and so forwarded another message. This continued throughout the day (I called 5 times) until cold and in need of a warm bath, I booked myself into the cheapest hotel available.

The following morning, I called at 09:04hrs to be told people in the office were only just arriving and so I should call back, which I did at 09:30hrs. I was told that when I\'d taken the lease, I\'d ticked a box to say i\'d been given an emergency number and should have contacted that and so they would not cover the cost of a warm room and shower from the night.

They are aware that i\'m a disabled woman and that as the cold greatly effects my levels of pain I was shocked that they then decided to allow this situation to go on a further day while waiting for parts. They offered an electric heaters (one 2000w to heat a whole flat) , which I accepted (and had to take accept the further cost) and expected me to wash with water from the kettle.

They have expressed no sympathy for the matter , saying they have done all they are obliged to do and have chosen not to compensate me for any of the expenses occured.
Needs to offer a better level of service to Tenants.
Attached Files
By: Joanna Swash, Moneypenny
Apr 09, 2013
I would like to offer my apologies to you for the way your calls to CJ Hole were handled last Sunday. Moneypenny look after calls for hundreds of estate agents, there to make sure calls are answered even when their offices are busy, during the evenings and at weekends too.

We have clear instructions from the team at CJ Hole that any calls on Sundays will not be returned until Monday as the office is closed. The fact that these explicit instructions were not followed for your calls is unacceptable, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience and distress this has caused you.
By: Joanna Swash, Moneypenny
Apr 05, 2013
I would like to offer my apologies to you for the way your calls to CJ Hole were handled on Sunday. Moneypenny look after calls for hundreds of estate agents, there to make sure calls are answered even when their offices are busy, during the evenings and at weekends too.

We have clear instructions from the team at CJ Hole that any calls on Sundays will not be returned until Monday as the office is closed. The fact that these explicit instructions were not followed for your calls this weekend is unacceptable, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience and distress this has caused you.
By: CJHole
Mar 27, 2013
Dear Jane,

We are sorry to learn that you feel your maintenance issue was not dealt with satisfactorily by the team.

To date we have never received a complaint from a Tenant or a Landlord about the way an ‘out of hours’ maintenance issue has been dealt with. We at CJ Hole pride ourselves on the level of service we offer both our Landlords & Tenants so the issues you’ve raised have come as a shock to us. We (the office staff) share the 24hr call out phone 365 days a year so we can respond personally to calls from our tenants as we know each property so it is unfortunate that you called the office number to report the issues you were having (but out of office hours) rather than the ‘out of hours’ number issued to all our managed Tenants.

We will respond to your points in full directly to work out how these unfortunate events occurred and to make sure they do not occur again.

CJ Hole