May 14,2010
May 14,2010
Landlords beware. Duck and Hedges are the sort of company that will charge you for carrying out a Gas Safety Certification and actually not do so. I'm sure its a nice little scheme that they have running.

If you are a current tennant require a copy of your certificate you will need to wait until after the next inspection as they 'ARCHIVE' documents at are currently active (By Archive they mean that they don't actually keep these legal documents - despite it being a legal rewuirement to keep them for 24 months).

Their organisation is a joke.
Jun 04, 2010
Query Resolution, so potential landlords/tennants are aware of your business processes.

What is the period of time between a GSC being obtained and your company archiving the file?

If the property is managed by us then after two years. If the property is a '
By: Greg Hedges @ Duck&Hedges Ltd
May 21, 2010
"WisaFATduck", As you have not contacted me and I can not identify you, I am not aware of the exact situation you refer to or the specifics of your case.

I invite you once again to contact me on 020 8673 3888 to discus the matter further if you wish. Greg Hedges
May 21, 2010
How would you interpret the following send by D&H:

"Unfortunately, your original GSC has been archived and I am therefore waiting for the gas engineer to re-send me the original this evening"

Surely this is against your strict document policy?

Is it not a huge coincidence that the plummer was finally able to resend the original certificate the day after completing the inspection for the coming year? Maybe there was no record of the 2009 inspection and it was not possible to backdate a certifiate (I dont know why you couldnt have retreived a document form your archive?) as there was no record of what appliances were in the property to do so?
May 20, 2010
You are 'required by law to keep a receipt'.
If this is the case then why did it take nearly a month to get a copy of a certificate from the 'Gas man' because you did not have one? Will you be available to discuss this mattyer further on Saturday when I will be in the branch?
By: Greg Hedges @ Duck&@Hedges Ltd
May 19, 2010
Dear "WisaFATduck",

You are clearly a misguided individual. We are required BUY LAW to be in receipt of a valid Gas Safety Certificate before we rent a property. We take gas safety extremely seriously and would like to invite you to attend our offices so we can show you our Gas Safety File and procedures.
We are a member firm with ARLA and adhere to their rigorous guide lines.

Please feel free to call me on 020 8682 8774 if you wish to discuss your issues further.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1! To leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Duck and Hedges Office 1