May 16,2010
May 16,2010
I acted as a guarantor for a tenant who got into arrears. I received unecessary intimidating and bullying letters regarding this matter. I did agree to honour payment of what I regarded as legitimate claims before I received the final account. I was dumfounded when I received this and it was for
By: sheen770
Jul 30, 2010
They go to the garrantor first. They did in my case and yes it caused lots of problems, after they left the property they sent me a court letter which is now being investigated as it turns out thats a forgery un known to me and I made the tennent pay at least another 450 which she may not of owed but how were we no!!!i Have now seen housing benefit letters that state they paid the directly on certain months not always they did pay the tennent as well but on the payment staement those payments are missing. Thery are a complete joke. If we had never found this site she would still be struggling to pay // since we have found all this out they haven't had a penny and haven't been in touch either!
By: determined
Jul 26, 2010
they go straight to the guarantor, they sent me a bill for nearly
By: jnclp
Jul 26, 2010
For sheen770

Im expecting, after reading these reviews, some kind of bill to be sent to my guarantor even though I am not in arrears with my rent. I have been speaking to my guarantor today. could you tell me if the tenant received the bill first or was it sent straight to you? The way I see it, the guarantor should only be asked for any money they feel is outstanding if they have had no joy from the tenant. We feel that they go straight to the guarantor to cause ill feeling between the tenant and guarantor, cause trust issues, and may be in doing this obtaining payment will be easier for them or they think this at any rate. We are also wondering why they have let this go on for nearly a year, and not taken you to court. If the amount is correct and the guantor agrreement is legally sound, then surely they would have done this?
By: sheen770
Jul 14, 2010
I am also a garantor and i was badgered form the moment the tenant moved in with weekly letters and threats to court they have since moved out but I ended up with a final account of nearly 1500. I have contacted them by phone I have sent in a complaint by letter and as of yet they don't speak to me this has been going on for nearly a year and I would like to know more about the garantee. If you can give me any help it would be very much appreciated. I have just phoned again and there isn't anyone there who can help me. They're on holiday !!!!
By: Bill
Jun 25, 2010
Hi
I'm from Shelter, the housing charity. Could you please get in touch with me. We might be able to help regards your situation. Please call 020 7505 2032 and ask for Bill.
By: desperate
Jun 24, 2010
I am in a similar position as you could you please give more information about the guarantee agreement not being legally sound as I have recieved a bill for

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of te Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of te Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for te Lettings Office 1