Mar 25,2013
Mar 25,2013
Myself and my partner were looking to rent our first home together. We found a lovely little flat in Church Langley, Harlow, and after veiwing the property on Thursday 14th March we decided to go for it. I informed the Agents on Saturday 15th February.

I was informed that the flat was available from 9th March however myself and my partner were not able to move until 16th March. I asked Future Let if this would be an issue. I was told and I quote, \'it should be ok, but we will have to check with the landlord to ensure he if happy to wait a week\' The landlord agreed our moving date.

I ensured all relevant paper work and payments were turned around within 24hours in a view to building trust with the agent and landlord alike.

However, three days before our moving date i recieved a call from Future Let informing me that the current tenant would not be leaving the property on his agreed moving date as his agreement with his new porptery had fallen through. I was told that the tenant would be leaving the property on Tuesday 19th March at 10am, therefore we would be able to move in on Wednesday 20th.

I explained to the Agent that myself and my partner had signed a contract stating our moving date to be 16th March. I was told there is nothing they can do and the contract would be changed to reflect our new moving date however any compensation would have to sent to the current tenant for them to fund. Relectuantly, we agreed to move on Wednesday 20th March.

On Monday 18th March, I recieved another call from Future Let informing me that the tenant has refused to move again. This time they informed me that the currently tenant owes over £2000 in rent as he hasnt been paying for 3 months and this was the third time he has moved his moving date back! They also told me that the landlord has had various problems with the tenant since day one. All ths information was withheld from us until this point. Why did they put the property back on the market knowing they had a tenant who was likely to cause all these issues? Absolutely disgusting!

I then asked for my adminstration fee, first months rent and deposit to be refunded back into my account. I gave my card details over the phone and was told that it may take 3-4 working days to show in my account. 5 days later the funds still were\'nt in my account. My partner phoned Future Let who informed him that the payment has bounched back - however they did not call me to let me know this!! Apparently there was a note on the system to call me the following Monday, a week after the payment should have been made!!

This has caused a massive amound of inconvience, stress and upset for myself and my partner, our employers, friends and family.

The fact that Future Let are now holding onto nearly £2000 of our money is putting a further hold on us finding a new home, and not once have we recieved even a verbal apology from them.

Please do not use this company. They are a disgrace and have made what should have been a happy and exciting time for myself and my boyfriend, hell.

I will be taking this matter further.
By: Landlord
Jul 11, 2013
As Landlord of the property in question I have been informed by my agent of the above feedback and feel it only right in their defense that I offer my comments.
Future Let found me the new tenants in February and it was agreed they would move in on the 9th March once the old tenant had vacated, two weeks before they were due to move in however they changed this to the 16th meaning my property would be empty for a week, I agreed to this as I was happy with the references for the new tenants.
Three days before they were due to move in I was informed by Future Let the current tenant had a problem with his new property and would need to put his moving out date back, I was not happy with this but understood there was nothing we could do as to evict him would take longer. I was then informed by my agent that the new tenants wanted them or myself to pay compensation for the fact that they couldn't move in when they wanted! I understand they were inconvenienced by this but there was nothing me or the agent could do as it is illegal to just throw the tenant out of the property. Contrary to the review above these were the only applicants I agreed to proceed with whilst this tenant was occupying the flat and three days before they were due to move in was the first time the date was put back.
I feel my agent did everything right and made the best out of what was a difficult situation, I have since re-let my property through Future Let and would have no hesitation in recommending them to other Landlords.
By: Anne Bees
Jul 11, 2013
We have taken your comments on board, and can only apologise on behalf of the then existing tenant, as this individual's behaviour has had a knock on effect to both you and us. Unfortunately the law is such, that we cannot simply remove a tenant from the property if they decide not to leave on the agreed date. There is a process in place, which has to be followed. We feel that we did everything possible to accommodate you, however, we have to work within the law, and in the end, both the landlord and the then tenant were dealt with correctly and were both happy customers.

Unfortunately when anyone rents a property in the UK, the problems you have experienced are possibilities and unforeseen, and cannot be a reflection on our company, but on the system itself, which does generally work well. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and trust that any monies that you paid were refunded as quickly as the banking system would allow, and we can confirm that no money has ever been left outstanding to any of our customers. We feel that you need to withdraw your claim that any money is owed to you from Future Let Property Management.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Future Let Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of Future Let Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Future Let Property Management Office 1