Mar 25,2013
Mar 25,2013
Jonathan Rees appeared to be a professional lettings company through the initial stages of the lettings process. Things soon changed once they had my money!

Upon meeting the inventory clerk at the property, it was apparent that between the initial inventory and my move in date (3 days) the condition of the property had altered significantly.

Here is a quick breakdown of some of the problems I had with the property:

The garden shed had been removed and the contents were left exposed to the elements on the lawn area, which I was subsequently asked to remove by Jonathan Rees.

The outside of the property had fallen into a state of disrepair resulting in pests inhabiting the loft space rendering it unusable. Jonathan Rees were extremely slow to act on this, attempted to avoid fixing the problem and even suggested that I was lying about the pests!

They eventually fixed the root of the problem, however they expected me to clean up after the pests in order to regain use of the loft.

The oven was unsafe to use due to all markings being worn off making it impossible to determine temperatures and difficult to tell when a hob was switched on. The oven door handle was broken, which took over a month to be replaced. The oven seal was unfit for purpose, causing food to take two times as long to cook. This took Jonathan Rees over two months to be fixed!

The property suffered with bad damp problems throughout, which Jonathan Rees had been aware of before I moved in due to mildew being evident on the curtains in the property. Jonathan Rees suggested that the damp problems were solely caused by myself and that I should leave the windows open permanently throughout the winter to alleviate the problem.

Despite leaving the windows open whenever possible, and purchasing a dehumidifier, the damp problems were so prominent that mold was present on several walls. There was clearly a problem with the external walls, which Jonathan Rees denied on numerous occasions.

Contact with the Chandlers Ford office often resulted in staff being rude and on numerous occasions my request to speak to named members of staff went unanswered.

Emails often arrived in my inbox at 4:55 on a Friday, so that they wouldn\'t have to deal with me until after the weekend!

I was served with notice to move out of the property 4 months into my tenancy, as clearly it was easier for the landlord to get rid of me than to conduct essential repairs to his property.

After moving out, Jonathan Rees attempted to retain £139 of my deposit for a \'full clean\' and to replace items that were not present upon occupation. A strongly worded letter soon resulted in the full return of my deposit, proving that they had no grounds on which to attempt to charge me this amount.

I feel sorry for subsequent tenants of this property, and any other managed by Jonathan Rees, as the level of service received was diabolical.
Fix the problems of the property. Hire less arrogant staff.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Jonathan Rees Property Services Office 3! To leave a new review of Jonathan Rees Property Services Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Jonathan Rees Property Services Office 3