Mar 23,2013
Mar 23,2013
i am a first time buyer, which is stressful enough. i had sorted out my mortgage and my deposit, and found a lovely bungalow for sale with saxons estate agents. my offer was accepted and things were moving along nicely. About a week before completion saxons viewed the property again and a higher offer was put in. I matched it, but they went higher again. unfortunately, i was unable to get more money. whilst i know that this is legal, and that saxons are acting within the law, i feel it was a very unprofessional, cut throat thing to do. This sale would have been completed in a week. I am out of pocket by about £800 and could have been potentialy homeless as i have given notice on my rented accommodation. i have talked to other estate agent about this and they have agreed that they would not have acted in this way, had a sale been this far along. So, if you intend to buy a property from saxons estate agents, make sure you get some assurance that they will not view the property again, or you are likely to be out of pocket, and homeless. failing that use a different estate agent, as there are plenty in weston super mare*. The Law needs changing to protect the buyer.
the agent did not need to view this property again.
By: Saxons
Aug 08, 2013
Dear Kerry,

As explained by myself at the time of viewing and at the point that you put you're offer in - the seller has very strict rules regarding the sale of the property. As made clear, one of these was that the property was to remain on the market until exchange of contracts and any accepted offer would have to be advertised online and via the local newspaper (Weston Mercury).
We are contractually bound to the seller and part of the terms of their business is that we must not refuse viewings on the property. From our point of view it would be in our best interests to not show any further clients around after your offer was accepted as ultimately it will create more work for us with no additional returns. Seeing it from that point of view you can understand there is no incentive for us to push the property when we have 100's of other properties on our books that would better suit our time and attention as there would be the potential to earn more money from selling another property rather than re-selling one we had sold.
Whilst I empathise with the situation you were put in, you must understand that it is a legal obligation for any offers on any property to be referred to the seller. As much as we would have like to have seen you purchase the property we can not break the law to ensure you purchase the property.

I appreciate your frustrations fully but from day 1 we were very honest and very clear about the rules the seller had set out and did make it very clear that the property would have to stay on the market until exchange of contracts, something that isn't the case with a private seller. As for the other estate agent, they may not sell properties on behalf of corporate clients so this situation may be alien to them, or, they may have capitalised on an opportunity to promote themselves in a positive light on the back of a negative against ourselves.
As I said to you at the time, I apologise for the situation you were left in but it was a situation I made you aware (on a number of occasions before you decided upon purchasing the property) that you may end up in

Yours Sincerely,

Ben Morison
Saxons Estate Agents

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Saxons Estate Agents Office 2! To leave a new review of Saxons Estate Agents Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Saxons Estate Agents Office 2