Mar 23,2013
Mar 23,2013
I had put an offer on a flat and they went back to the original buyers and despite me calling and emailing numerous times Property World did not have the courtesy to get back to me and lied to me. They had a code of going with one buyer and not a bidding process and since I had offered the requisite amount this should have been me. They never got back to me throughout the whole 6 weeks, even just an apology out of courtesy.
I originally went for a viewing in mid-August 2012 with Kevin. The property had been put back on the market after the buyers had not been able to get a mortgage and so were out of the picture and hence the property was back on the market. I like the place and then went for a 2nd viewing but Kevin was on holiday and so Dan showed me round on 18th August. Dan mentioned at this point that Property World has a policy of not entering into a bidding war. Once the satisfactory amount from the vendor's perspective had been received, it would just be the one buyer involved. They claimed this was because this was the fairest way to operate. So I made an increased offer to the amount that would be accepted and so thought it would be mine. From then on I made some initial searches for the next 2 weeks with Southwark Council but could not get hold of Dan. Left numerous messages with his PA and nothing was happening. Tried emailing and calling. I remember Dan saying that I should check things out first before making the offer rather make an offer and find something and ¢â‚¬Å“waste everyone's time¢â‚¬Â. Well my time was certainly wasted. I am sure some of the time when I called Dan was there but didn't want to take my call. I did speak to him one Saturday and I wanted to know what was going and he replied ¢â‚¬Å“ with all due respect it's a Saturday and I am busy and have no time to talk to you¢â‚¬Â. This is not satisfactory when you think are on the road to the process of buying the property. I rang back at several times and got no reply and it was obvious I was being put off.
I then found out why I was being ignored, when I spoke to Kevin when he came back from holiday on 28th/29th August. He basically said that the vendor had gone back to the original buyers as they now had a mortgage and blamed her for this. No mention of their so called policy of sticking to one buyer when it had been agreed ie me. They broke their own rules as it was put back on the market and had me as the only buyer with an acceptable offer. He tried to keep me interested that things would work out saying that the mortgage would fall through again and that the vendor was just being greedy.
Of course I heard nothing again for a few days. I sent an long email on 1st September 2012 to both Dan and Kevin and had no response. Called and had no response. I wrote another long email on 1st October which had not been replied to. Their website says: we pride ourselves on our highly personalised and innovative approach and on delivering the highest standards of professional care. For us, honesty, professionalism and passion are everything. This was completely the opposite of my experience.
At this point I said that I would be interested in another property and then they replied on 4th October which did not address any of the issues about wasting all my time which was considerable. Though they would reply to get another sale elsewhere! They just said this property has now gone. I complained direclty to them but had no reply and so choose to complain so others can view my experience.
They could have called me back and not blamed the vendor. Replied to my emails. Not put the flat on the market in the first place if another buyer was interested and it was still in the process. Apologised and not lied about not being available countless times.
By: dan
Apr 12, 2013
Michael, having tried to deal with your complaint privately I feel it now fair to do so publicly.
I noticed you posted a review on the allagents website a couple of weeks ago. I am very sorry that you feel so aggrieved in your dealings with Property World. In this business, it is hugely frustrating when things don't work out and people are left disappointed. I am a little surprised it has taken you 6 months to voice your obvious displeasure but that doesn't mean I take your complaint any less seriously. I think the important thing from our perspective is that the offer you made was never actually accepted by the vendor - so at no point was an agreement reached between you and her (via us) to buy the property. In which case, the offer you made was exactly that - an "offer" to buy her property for a sum of money. Its important because you clearly feel that having made an offer (at a level she had previously accepted) this should have been accepted - "since I had offered the requisite amount this should have been me". She did not accept your offer and chose to pursue a sale with her previous buyers who had overcome some difficulties with their mortgage application. I am not sure therefore that it is fair to heap blame upon us because you didn't get to buy the flat. However, I accept that you were not told of this eventuality quickly enough and it sounds like some calls and e mails were not answered - which is unforgivable. My brother and I have always strived to deliver the highest standards of service with everyone we deal with and if we failed i this case then I am genuinely sorry.

Dan Crowley

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Property World Sydenham! To leave a new review of Property World Sydenham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Property World Sydenham