Mar 22,2013
Mar 22,2013
H2L is ran by a very arrogant and rude manager, Carl. My partner was spoken to with disrespect even by the admin staff! Any concerns in which I had about my property were dismissed and did not seem of any importance, despite my house flooding on numerous occasions in the space of 10 days. The emergency contact number does not work, so at midnight we were left completely isolated with no water, electricity or emergency contact. Absolutely appalling letting agent and if I\'d have know this before hand I would have thought twice and looked elsewhere to waste my hard-earned money.
Mar 28, 2013
Hello Gemma

Thanks for your feed-back. However, we have already advised on numerous occasions now that we have already raised a formal complaint under "Our Commitment to You" and part of that is to take instruction from our Client on how he wishes to proceed with the situation. Hannah's original complaint that she E mailed directly to us is very different to your own more public, personal, and libellous comments about our Director and comments on our internal Company Standards.

Your complaint is ongoing and we have promised to respond formally, in writing, within the agreed timescales and we will adhere to this.

If you would rather we respond via Social Media, then we require permission from you both to do so.

Thank you, once again, for your comments.
By: Gemma
Mar 25, 2013
Carl, we seem to be going around in circles here as yet again you are missing the point.
I am not willing to continue these forum posts as you are not listening to the reason of our complaint.
You have now mentioned the £100 compensation twice but you have failed to mention that I told the landlords father that he can have that back deducted from the 2 weeks rent in lieu that he has agreed to.

You really are shortsighted Carl and I never thought you were capable of being so Jekell and Hyde.
You were once very accommodating to our needs of which we appreciate, although in your best interest, yet in an emergency your priorities were to discuss your telephone procedure instead of dealing with the problem we were faced with.
You consider Hannah and I less of a priority to others because of our occupations. I would think in your occupation that the word 'sorry' exists or does this word get stuck in your throat.
The key word describing your contractor is 'plumber' not electrician. I gave you the information you required using the knowledge from my occupation that you consider a benefit in such situations in order for your addmin staff to anticipate the relevant contractors there.
This really is the last time I say this because it is becoming tiresome. My complaint with H2L and its managing director is not about the leaks in the property that was rented to us, it is about how it was dealt with by your office staff and your customer service whilst dealing with stressed customers. I'm glad you value our feedback as you keep stating. I suggest you use it to develop your interpersonal skills with customers.
Mar 24, 2013
Hello again Gemma, and thanks for your feed-back. It's really important to us.

The Meriden office employs three people at the present time and that particular Saturday two people were on shift and both were on calls helping other people when you called on five or six times consecutively that afternoon. The IVR we have on our Client Services number clearly explains after 10 seconds that if we're all on other calls helping other people, we'll come straight back to you and it asks that you leave a voicemail so we know how to best respond to your query.

I can assure you that we were aware of all your calls and as soon as one of us was available we were able to speak to the emergency plumber to authorise the rectification work required and we authorised the work straight away. Bearing in mind that you had already switched off the water supply and electricity at 12 midnight and waited for the plumber, the property was already deemed safe and we had quickly acted as "Agent of Necessity" in arranging the emergency contractors to ascertain the issue and also to start planning the rectification work.

Your mobile was unable to take voice calls still so we were only able to speak via Hannah's 'phone.

Sending rude E mails asking us to answer the 'phone was not required, when we could see that your call was already logged on our systems and we were still on other calls helping other people. Especially at a time when the Emergency had already been dealt with quickly and efficiently and we were already arranging the relevant rectification work.

We were made aware of another leak later that day which our emergency plumber attended a second time that afternoon, but you failed to advise us of the other two leaks so we were only aware of continuing issues after we had spoken to the landlord's father for a further update.

You had no issue at all with H2L's Client Service when you called to arrange a viewing on Montana Walk within an hour of seeing it on Rightmove, nor when you moved into the property in Montana Walk, which also had a similar water leak on the first day, nor when we waived 100% of our fees, nor when we allowed you key access prior to you signing your tenancy agreement although, interestingly, you didn't feel the necessity to leave a posting on this site to say about our service levels.

It seems that your public complaint has only arisen after receiving £100 compensation from the landlord's father and after a further request for more compensation from the landlord.

In carrying out our Emergency procedures we always look to the situation that we are presented with. As you and Hannah both work for the Emergency services we felt that you were both in a position of dealing confidently with the situation, unlike some of our tenants who might have a disability or require extra support from us which we are always happy to give according to the situation.

We're more than happy to come back to you with our Final response just as soon as we have investigated fully.

Thanks once again for sharing your views and allowing us to respond so quickly :-)
By: Gemma
Mar 24, 2013
Carl, I received your email from Hannah and we are more then happy to wait 15 days for your reply. This review is simply to warn others that when in distress your manner in dealing with things is appalling.
I think you are missing the point here. We are upset understandably about the leaks but we are complaining about your businesses attitude and customer service.
Some of your points above are a good example of this. We did not decline our landlords fathers offer of painting the new plaster. It was simply not convenient as we are both working night shifts.
Yes, we had keys to measure for white goods so why on earth would we check plumbing? If you knew about the plumbing problems we have had then you will know that they were all hidden behind plaster walls. We appreciate all you did to make our move as easy as possible and yes you were very cooperative allowing us access to the property.
We can keep sending posts or emails to each other or you can simply apologise for the way you handled my call and rethink your priorities when it comes to dealing with distress customers. Do you repeatedly tell them your telephone and email procedure or do you calm them with unpatronising reassuring words.
Mar 24, 2013
Hello Hannah, Hello Gemma, thanks for your feed-back, it is very important to us.

As you are aware Hannah E mailed us on Thursday at 14.53 and we responded at 15.53, advising that we are raising this as a formal complaint. We're really sorry that you feel that you can't wait the 15 working days for us to look into this fully and get back to you in line with our Company Standards.

In the meantime, you moved into a property that was new to us managing. We made this clear to you at the time and on the viewing and we allowed you to view before anyone else, out-of-hours to suit you both and as you were already renting with us in a property in Montana Walk. We negotiated the rent down for you, at your request, and discounted our agent fees from £300 (including VAT) to zero as you were already working with us. The landlord kindly allowed you to have key access some weeks before you moved in to measure up and have "white goods" delivered. You were able to come and go as you pleased, but didn't seem to check any of the plumbing, although you did request some safety electrical features to be downgraded which were implemented at your request.

After you had moved into the property formally, you reported a serious water leak which we responded to out-of-hours very early on a Saturday morning and you had our emergecy electrician and our emergency plumber both attend immediately that day.

The property in Exbury Way is not owned by H2L and your landlord's father has worked with you tirelessly over the last two weeks to ensure that everything is resolved quickly. He is distraught by what has happened and given you direct contact. Only yesterday he offered to come back ad repaint the ceiling that was damaged and you declined his offer.

The landlord's father offered you £100 in cash by way of compensation for the inconvenience, which you accepted and on Thursday, Gemma requested yet another amount equivalent to two week's rent which is currently being considered as per your complaint.

It is unfortunate that you have moved from one property we managed to another, only to find that there was a serious water leak in your new property. This is despite it being new to you, to us and to the landlord and the first time it has ever been let. We're confident that once we have looked into your complaint fully, you'll both be able to move on.

We'll come back to you formally in line with our Commitment to You, within the stated timescale.

Your feed-back is really important to us, so thank you, once again, for sharing your concerns with us and allowing us to respond :-)

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of H2L. Expert Letting Meriden! To leave a new review of H2L. Expert Letting Meriden, please click the link below !
Write a review for H2L. Expert Letting Meriden