Mar 20,2013
Mar 20,2013
The repairs system that in place is poor to put it polietly. When you first register an issue nothing happens, you then follow this up and still nothing happens. After months of calling and emailing still nothing happens. The only way that I managed to get anything repaired was to threaten Newmans with a formal complaint.

The £96 contract renewal fee......is day light robbery. I am a proffessional working in the Social Housing Sector and I know that all Newmans did was print off yet another standard tenancy agreement and change the dates. I questioned the charge, only to be lied to by Natalie who stated the cost was incurred as housing law is constantly changing. I asked her to name an example, which she could not do. Natalie also doesnt understand what is meant by a full repairing lease, on one occassion she explained to me that reseal the bath, and re-grouting the tiles is tenant responsibility..........which is definately wrong!

End of tenancy, was dealt with even worse than the renewal, after numerous phone calls, and emails four weeks passed before a total cost to be deducted from the deposit had been established. The expected bill doubled over night and the issue hasd to be dealt with by the TDS. The TDS RULED IN OUR FAVOUR AND awarded the majority of the costs back to us.
By: Director
Mar 21, 2013
Dear Mr Keen, please accept my sincere apologies for any upset or frustration you were caused during your tenancy. We take all feedback I wish to respond to your review as follows:

I have checked the full notes and history log of this property and I can see that all issues raised were logged and relayed back to your landlord. I understand the landlord fitted a new extractor fan for you and replaced the broken dishwasher and repaired your washing machine.

With regards to the renewal process. A renewal fee is charged to both landlord and tenant and all our clients are made aware of our charges at the very beginning of the tenancy. This fee covers the administrative process required to action new agreements.

The check out process involves input from landlord , tenant and the agent. Numerous dilapidation's were requested by your landlord which you disputed. As a duty of care to both landlords and to tenants and to comply with TDS regulations the dispute was sent to the TDS who ruled accordingly. The majority of the costs were awarded back to you and the remainder also awarded back to the landlord. The TDS also ruled our renewal fee was fair and appropriate given the work involved.

I trust that this clarifies our position in this matter and may I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for the future.

Caroline Newman
Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Newman Sales and Lettings Leamington Spa! To leave a new review of Newman Sales and Lettings Leamington Spa, please click the link below !
Write a review for Newman Sales and Lettings Leamington Spa