Mar 16,2013
Mar 16,2013
Firstly I would like to say that the local agents were very good. In truth until we got our renewal reminder I did not realise I was dealing with this bunch of thieves. The standardised contract originally printed in 2004 had their name on it but all the covering documents were from our local estate agent. They are asking for £125 for continuing our rental agreement but haven\'t given me any good reason why it is so much. I must be have been lucky for the last 32 years because I have never been asked for such a fee.
When I asked how they justified this they sent me a rude email basically telling me I was an idiot for not reading my agreement and that all agents charge this amount. This of course is untrue yes it is hidden away in clause 6.4 watch out for this it doesn\'t make it at all clear and it should be. As far as all agents charging this amount this is patently untrue I have never been charged this by any of the nine landlords or agents I have dealt with. They also sent me a poorly written standardised letter explaining what the cost were for. It had no actual figues in it, it was just rubbish about how the process was so time consuming and expensive, easily dissected into nonsense rhetoric that any idiot could have seen through. If it was so costly to produce all this then they must be the most inefficient organisation in the country, but I would suspect the money goes towards the expensive lifestyles of their executives really. We need legislation to control these rogue organisations in this country. Maybe it\'s time to start an internet campaign.
By not continuously adding more fees other than the rent that they are entitled to.
By: Rose
Sep 10, 2013
I can second this review. I was charged an admin fee of almost £500 when I moved into my apartment six months ago and have just received a letter stating that if I wish to renew for another six months, this will cost me £125! I have rented a number of properties with different agents in the past and have never been charged to renew the contract.

I tried to negotiate with them and explain that as a single, unemployed parent it would be extremely difficult for me to find this extra money. They were very rude and unwilling to enter into any discussion about it.
By: tanzoid
Apr 14, 2013
Totally agree with comments above, just had the same letter for a 12 month contract. They charge the landlord the same amount. Bit of check as they are generic documents with a couple of sentences bolted on the end for specifics.

£250 for pressing the print button.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 70! To leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 70, please click the link below !
Write a review for Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 70