May 05,2010
May 05,2010
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
*TENANTS BEWARE*

After much to-ing and fro-ing and contractual hoop-jumping, we moved into a property through Atkinson Mcleod. Upon our arrival, the flat was in a filthy state, with dirty bathrooms, blown light bulbs and even old food left in the fridge - completely disgusting. We informed Atkinson Mcleod of this, and if they kept some of the previous tenants' deposit to pay for a professional cleaner, we never saw any evidence of a clean. So, after cleaning the flat ourselves, we requested an IMMEDIATE inventory. Despite at least four or five requests, this was never forthcoming.

After living in the property for a year, and taking great care to maintain it (we are clean, tidy and professional people) the time came to move out. However, this was where the trouble was about to begin.

Essentially, Atkinson Mcleod began insinuating that we had damaged various fixtures and fittings in the property, with holding our large deposit accordingly. The most frustrating thing was that we hadn't damaged anything in the flat AT ALL, had reported natural faults when they occurred (these were never even acted upon) and thoroughly cleaned the property to EXACTLY the specifications provided to us on our moving out checklist.

To cut a long story short (and believe me, it was a VERY drawn out and tiring process trying to get back our deposit money), common sense prevailed and we were reunited with the cash we had paid in good faith at the beginning of our tenancy.

Although I realise some of the blame for this situation rested with the landlord and their lack of due care and attention, Atkinson Mcleod staff were very unhelpful and unpleasant throughout. They wouldn't answer emails unless prompted to do so, they dreamt up all manner of pathetic, unprofessional excuses for delays, and generally made the entire process as difficult and long-winded as they possibly could.

I can categorically state I would NEVER want any dealings with this estate agent ever again. Awful, awful service.
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END

After much to-ing and fro-ing and contractual hoop-jumping, we moved into a property through Atkinson Mcleod. Upon our arrival, the flat was in a filthy state, with dirty bathrooms, blown light bulbs and even old food left in the fridge - completely disgusting. We informed Atkinson Mcleod of this, and if they kept some of the previous tenants' deposit to pay for a professional cleaner, we never saw any evidence of a clean. So, after cleaning the flat ourselves, we requested an immediate inventory. Despite at least four or five requests, this was never forthcoming.

Essentially, Atkinson Mcleod began insinuating that we had damaged various fixtures and fittings in the property, with holding our large deposit accordingly. The most frustrating thing was that we hadn't damaged anything in the flat at all, had reported natural faults when they occurred (these were never even acted upon) and thoroughly cleaned the property to exactly the specifications provided to us on our moving out checklist.

To cut a long story short (and believe me, it was a very drawn out and tiring process trying to get back our deposit money), common sense prevailed and we were reunited with the cash we had paid in good faith at the beginning of our tenancy.

I can categorically state I would never want any dealings with this estate agent ever again. Awful, awful service.
By: Dan Mcleod
Jun 15, 2010
I am very disappointed that your experience with Atkinson Mcleod has been so poor. Atkinson Mcleod deal with over 2000 tenancies per annum and have literally thousands of Happy tenants and Landlords according to our customer surveys. However even one unhappy customer is too many , I am personally responsible for all complaints at Atkinson Mcleod. I would like very much to discuss this further with you so that we can remedy any outstanding issues or apologise where we may have made error.Please respond by using ADD COMMENT link below or email me on dan@atkinsonmcleod.com. I am also more than happy to speak to you or meet in person if you require.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Tower Hamlets London! To leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Tower Hamlets London, please click the link below !
Write a review for Atkinson McLeod Tower Hamlets London