Mar 15,2013
Mar 15,2013
I moved into a property rented through Bellwood and Harris. On moving in, the contractor hadnt finished the works on the property such as the central heating, and promised to return the next working day. After several false promises to return, he eventually turned up at the end of January 2013 to finish the work - lmost 3 months after I had moved in.. He blew the circuit board and left me with no hot water or heating (despite snowy weather). The part turned up the next day, but he didnt return for 4 days. I was left to purchase heaters and spent £80 on electric. Subsequently I fell 2 weeks behind with my rent. The agent was unhelpful and unsympathetic, over the situation. The house has rising damp, and the agent\'s attitude - keep windows open and buy and run a dehumidifier. The mold is caused by me breathing in bed. The shower only switches off using main switch on wall outside bathroom, the electric fire is connected to the light circuit and blows the fuse when turned on. I received a photocopy of gas safety certificate today (19th Feb) from Environmental Health dated 1 Feb 2013 - a date during which my heating was not working.

I have complained almost twice weekly regarding the condition of the house, and told each time the landlord isnt prepared to do anything. I have had a phone call from the contractor (share owner of the agency) today when I said I thought he was a cowboy due to everything he has installed not working. I was threatened and sworn at, and told to leave. I have now been served a Section 21 Notice, wait for it.....a day after I paid my deposit and month upfront and 2 weeks prior to my tenancy commencing. I had high regard for this letting agent, but since the company director Justine Harris (Dave Williams the contractor\'s wife) is seldom in the place, itt\'s gone substantially down hill. I wouldnt touch this agent with a barge pole, and the sooner I leave the better!!!
Considered the situation fairly and resolved the issues without delay, and helped resolve the issues without needing to involve Environmentl Health and the Council, Could have handled the situation rather than swearing at me etc.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Bellwood and Harris Limited Office 1! To leave a new review of Bellwood and Harris Limited Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Bellwood and Harris Limited Office 1