Mar 13,2013
Mar 13,2013
I was dealing with Townends for renting a property. They showed me the property, it was a short visit. I didn\'t find it really good but it was in my budget. They called me up regularly but I didn\'t show much interest. After a few days, I called them and inquired if it was still available. We discussed further and started negotiating. I sent them a list of items that I would like to have in the house, for ex: microwave, washer dryer, sofa, table, chairs etc. I also requested them for new furniture. They agreed in emails with items that they can provide and rejected a few. They created an agreement that didn\'t mention about the white goods in the house, so there was no mention of dryer. I trusted them in good faith and signed the agreement. Later on, I found out that there was no dryer in the house. When I confronted them, they said it was not mentioned in the agreement and they can\'t provide it. When I said it that we agreed in the emails, they gave me a lame response that emails were a starting point of negotiations and agreement is the final document. I couldn\'t believe a company like Townends could do it. They just changed their colours after getting the money. I will never recommend them to anybody.
They could have either shouted initially that they couldn\'t provide a dryer, I could have simply rejected the house or could have shown some decency to stick to their words.
By: Townends Estate Agents
Mar 14, 2013
I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate matters for you with a view of resolving your concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information such as your name and the address of the property that I require, therefore please feel free to contact me personally by email

Kind Regards

James Henon-Webber
Lettings Operational Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Northfields Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Northfields Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Northfields Branch