Mar 09,2013
Mar 09,2013
Redwood manages the whole block of flats that I live in. They are a terrible agent! Lynn Randall and Nikki Frost are very rude. I have no never dealt with an agent that is this bad and as I have many properties I deal with agent all the time. They are so unhelpful and when I tried to let them know my thoughts my phone call was passed around the office like it was a joke! I spoke to Matt the managing director and instead of listening to his clients view, he yelled at me then hung up??? I don't know what goes on in that office :( It has been an awful experience.. I warn all potentially buyers not to buy from them, however there is no way of getting out as they also manage the block of flats. I have called the freeholders of the block of flats and they say if a majority of the lease holders come together to reject this Redwood, we can throw them out. I don't know how to organised this but if anyone has any thoughts then please let me know. I really hate them. And as Amz said I wish the company closed, they should not be allowed to run a company like this!
By: Matt Leckenby
Feb 05, 2014
Emily, having read your comments I know the whole situation you write about and the flat you bought through us, I must say it's not nice at all reading what you’ve put. Your sale was terrible for both of us because the tenants in the property wouldn’t leave as you knew, the landlord had to spend a lot of money having them evicted which took months, this is why the sale took so long, we know you were very angry about this but there was nothing we or the landlord could do, eviction takes 7 months from start to bailiffs sadly. I also remember you being very angry with us due to a water leak that was found in the bathroom under the bath after the sale had gone through, we nor the landlord knew of its existence or it would have been dealt with, the fact the landlord completely re-painted and re-carpeted the property as well as reduce the sale price by £2,000 shows a small leak would have been fixed without question, the surveyor should have picked up the leak but due to its hidden location this was missed.
Regarding your comments on the block management of the estate which we took over several years ago, we were voted in by over 80 of the owners who we did then and still do today privately manage all their flats on the estate, not once have we ever had a complaint from any of the 143 owners including yourself on our management or from any of the residents which would be over 140 as most of the properties are rented, or from the 80 or more properties we privately manage, we want all owners and residents to contact us with any queries or ways they feel the estate can be improved. You can speak to all three Directors of the Estate or any of the properties we manage, they will all be more than happy to discuss every aspect of our work. You will know that the service has reduced over the years and is the lowest I’ve ever known, some properties pay half the service charge I pay in my property around the corner, but more importantly we deal with every issue on the estate straight away, we don’t just manage the estate we constantly look for ways to improve it, the secure door entry fobs and new garage gates were all done by us to name a couple, if you visit the estate web site that we created - you will see all the works completed on the estate from Dec 2010 to Dec 2012, we stopped adding them after this date as all the major jobs had been dealt with. Also from the work we have done to this estate we have been invited by two owners to take over two further estates, one of 66 properties in Thamesmead and a larger one of 98 properties in Brockly, both need a lot of work to have them put back to the correct standard but we like a challenge and enjoy making a difference.
You mention Lynn and Nikki being rude but I get nothing but referral business and thank you emails and cards, the cards are all in our office and the emails are on our web site testimonial section, we keep all the original emails in case anyone wanted to see them. Being in business for 9 years we manage hundreds of properties which is never easy, so many situations come up that are totally out of our control and rightly people do get angry and we are at times the ones to be blamed, we all can get stressed at times as we can’t please everyone which might come across as rude, but all we want to do is the best job possible, my business has grown every month for 9 years, if I didn’t look after the customers I’d have no business left.
I’m very sorry you felt so angry but we did everything we could for you, you have never called us since your purchase in July 2011 but we are always here – Matt Leckenby – 0208 316 8990

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Redwood Estates Office 3! To leave a new review of Redwood Estates Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Redwood Estates Office 3