Mar 08,2013
Mar 08,2013
I employed this company for the first year I let my house. Previously I have used managing agents for 4 years for short holiday lets and had perhaps 2-3 complaints in all that time. This lot really score highly with achieving as many own goals as possible in only 12 short months.
My tenants rang me 6 months into the contract to tell me a maintenance guy had called as they had a flood of 10" of water in the basement and he had gone away saying there was nothing he could do. They didn\'t even call me to tell me that the incident had occurred. Consequently I had to deal with all the required steps to sort the situation out - buy a de-humidifier, speak to the pump company, calm the tenants, advise them on insurance claims etc etc. At this time the tenants alerted me to several things that they had been chasing that L & Co hadn\'t attended to in a timely manner. I asked them to copy me into any further communication they had with the company. Two months later the works were finally completed - not major items e.g. replacing a window lock. When I pointed out that the leak etc. were there responsibility they said that they had 500 properties to manage - i.e. mine was one of many!
When I gave notice, George rang me on a Sunday to ask me to reconsider ending the contract. He also offered me a discount. I told him that I didn\'t even want to pay less for them to do next to nothing.
The final straw was when I asked for my key back and I was told lies by Sanjay & George for weeks about how a maintenance contractor had the keys and was abroad. Rasther than wait for his \'return\' I suggested he send it to me in the post. At the time of asking it was already 2 months after the contractor had been to my house. They made the contractor tell me he had sent them from abroad when an ex-employee had seen him in the UK and so he was made to fall on his sword for fear of losing further work from them. They should have taken greater care managing their key cupboards! My house and my tenants security has been compromised by their inefficiency. I have continued to ask for them to replace the barrel and provide replacement keys but they refuse and continue with their pitiful lies. I have resorted to getting my solicitor involved.
Steer clear!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lawsons and Daughters London! To leave a new review of Lawsons and Daughters London, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lawsons and Daughters London