Mar 07,2013
Mar 07,2013
I dont think there could be enough space to write what i need to but in a nutshell i recommend along with other reviews to avoid at all costs.
The good reviews i would be cautious of also.

They are lap dogs with no back bone and deal with tenants abissmally along with the Landlord they were attempting to represent who as we were first told when we moved in by more than one person and some of these people did not know each other saying "Be warned they will rob you of your deposit and try and get anything out of you to improve the house you are in at the cost of the tenant"....almost they were right and luckily we have a good legal team and we finally after a wrangle got our full deposit out after expecting us to pay for a mould ridden hole of a property at £1700 a month...

They are unhelpful and difficult and the funny thing was when our deposit was £2353 paid they said we could get £2800 back if we agreee to the amount to deduct...they dont even know what deposit was actually handed over so i said "yeah send us the £2800" but we dont agree to the deduction.....

Wonder if they realized their mistake at all but either way we got our full deposit back.
I mihght add most tenants that have been in that house have had the same issue....There are not many houses with Martin and Co at £1700 so work it out where it is and BE WARNED!!

I might add we handed back that house a better state than what it was as it was like and probably still is a throw back to the 1980\'s but then again some peoples idea of demonstrating a house is a little different to others but luckily we were able to make best of a mould hole....NEVER AGAIN AND AVOID AVOID AVOID ...oh and im not ashamed to show my name either as i have nothing to hide at all.

The Landlords will be as nice as pie to your faces and do all they can to make you feel good in their home but its a ploy to rob you at the end i can assure you....we fought and won but anyone else may not be as lucky like others that have lived there.

I might lastly add we are suing the owners on a seperate case for paying rent on a seperate cottage on the grounds that were uninhabitable and i will keep fighting...
By: WillGentle
Aug 21, 2013
Dear Steve H
Many thanks for your honest response. I do know the property you are referring to. I'm disappointed to read your comments. Very quickly I would like to say that your deposit was £2353 and was correctly registered with the DPS. They paid you back what you paid so there was no mistake from our part. I know you are a letting agent yourself and the 'legal wrangle' I think you are referring to we have never had any contact from any solicitor, neither has the owner. We do obviously dispute that the property was a 'mould hole' and since you vacated we have had some lovely new tenants live there without any problems to report. I do not wish to argue specific points with you here, just wish you well for the future.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 159! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 159, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 159