Mar 06,2013
Mar 06,2013
A member of my family rented a property through brinkleys in wimbledon park. The deposit and references went through and it was agreed the property would be cleaned and all the broken and old furniture would be removed before tenancy commenced. On the day of the tenancy start day after collecting the keys it was apparent nothing was done. The property was absolutely filthy and nothing had been removed. Photos as evidence were taken. There were bags of rubbish, mould and poo and dirt in the bathroom, a filthy dirty kitchen, condom on the floor, dirty filthy carpet, horrible broken furniture with settee with large ript holes and this was just for starters. Then it is discovered there is no boiler or time switch at the property. Heat and hot water is supplied via the flat next door and if they decide to turn the boiler and heating switch off then there would be no supply to the flat. By health and safety standards this is illegal. There is no way that brinkleys did not know about this as i was at the flat on the first day when the previous tenant knocked on the door and stated she had been battling about this for months with brinkleys and the landlord but nothing was done. The property was also not registerd with the council and due to this the council would not give a car parking permit. I was thoroughly disgusted beyond words. My daughter was stressed beyond consolement and the woman as dont know her name at brinkleys stood there and stated that the issues were nothing to do with brinkleys as they just let out the property only????? Well well. She stated brinkleys did not have to check the property and they had no obligation to do so. If thats the case then why were they handing out keys and contracts with their name on it. By taking on a property and passing it on to a tenant they are stating it is habitable and has the safety checks required by law.
By: Katie Sharpes
Mar 06, 2013
Thank you Mr or Ms Bader for your comments.

Although we understand your frustration, we tried to do everything we could to help your daughters move- we are limited in our involvement as we are not the managing agents.

The landlord did not instruct us to organize a professional inventory or check in where any checks on the property would take place- we were only able to hand over keys that were returned to us via the old tenants.
It was agreed by your daughter in the office that she herself would do the clean and remove the furniture- so she was fully aware on the situation.

As stated before, we are not the managing agents, so your expectations in our involvement are out of context.
Your daughter stated in the office directly to me that she was very happy with not only Alex on the viewing on the property but also our work here in the office- it only when the landlord directly got involved did things become undesirable for her. I am hoping your daughter would be able to confirm this conversation.

The property was registered with the council- this I confirmed myself. Please feel free to call the council yourself to get this confirmed.

Your daughter was allowed to move out of the property, with a full refund given when the time came that suited her.

We can understand that moving is a stressful procedure, but I truly believe that we cannot be to blame for the situation that occurred.
As for the comment about us being a “bunch of nasty people” I feel is a little unfair, especially given the situation that occurred and behavior of your daughters friend in the office.

Best Wishes,

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Park! To leave a new review of Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Park, please click the link below !
Write a review for Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Park