Mar 06,2013
Mar 06,2013
Absolutely terrible experience from wards, viewed property and placed offer, wards phoned several days later with a figure that the vendor was happy to sell at, we then submitted an offer for that amount the offer was accepted but unknown to us wards continued to market the property even though the offer had been accepted! I arranged the mortgage and solicitors include paying upfront, went into wards with a copy of mortgage acceptance and the branch manager failed to mention anything about further viewings or offers on the property we were "purchasing" 2 days later we received a phone call from the manager to say "oh we have received a higher offer sorry!"
The manager was then extremely rude after I challenged him ( I add I had worked a night shift and had been woken up) and totally unprofessional I was offered no opportunity to raise my offer and was left high and dry by wards having sold my current house and being totally let down by a supposed professional estate agent. I thought this sort of practice went out in the late 90s .
Certainly would not recommend the ashford team to anyone along with this frankly disgusting behaviour they rarely returned calls, turned up late for viewings and did not even have the courage to apologise.
Use at your peril!!!
By: D
Mar 19, 2013
Despite what the agent has said, we were in an almost identical situation to the orginal poster and were treated horribly by Ward. In the end, they wouldn't let us increase our offer when the other offer they had was only 3,000 more than ours. Later found out the other buyer was selling their house through Ward and using their legal services. They obviously weren't getting enough out of us and the whole experience was awful. The communication was nonexistent. This was at the Gravesend branch.
By: Ollyb
Mar 13, 2013
Many thanks for the response, I have used this website to put across my experience of your branch and am not going to argue about the whys and hows it is simply my personal experience and opinions and if you think that your branch did a good job then again that is your personal opinion. I am not going to thrash it out on a public website instead I would rather go through the complaints procedure as I have chosen to do.
By: Paul
Mar 11, 2013
I completely understand your disappointment however when writing comments it would be more prudent if you were to report the facts as well rather than just mislead. You were advised 10 minutes before an open house event that the owner accepted your offer however the viewings at the open house were to still go ahead. The offer that was finally accepted came in after you had been in to the office and was from one of the applicants at the open house. Clearly this offer had to be put to the seller (as it is a legal requirement) and it was their decision to make. We actually did our job rather well and I am sure many sellers would love to get multiple offers that allow them to choose who they sell to and for how much.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ward & Partners Office 35! To leave a new review of Ward & Partners Office 35, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ward & Partners Office 35