Mar 05,2013
Mar 05,2013
Frances at Central Estates produced a series of lie about a property that we had an offer accepted and as a result we lost £1100.00 as we had already started the process and paid our solicitors, mortgage fees and survey. She then tried to justify herself and promised her manager would give us a call which never happened. Do not trust.
Apr 11, 2013
Hi,

I'm sure that in the current economic climate that if I owed you any money, that you would certainly be chasing me for it.

I know absolutely nothing about this nor have I had anyone chasing me for an outstanding survey fee.

I just can't understand why people hide behind their keyboards using false names and generally have at dig agents, why not use your real name so that we can answer you fully or write or complain to the agent directly so that you can get the result or apology that you are looking for.

When we see these reviews with false names and very little information where we have not received written complaints we can only assume that they are other agents writing bad reviews about us, as you can see from previous threads we will respond if we have genuine information in order to do so.

If anyone has a genuine complaint or gripe with us as agents or if someone genuinely feels that we have done something wrong, why not write us a genuine complaint so that we can respond to each point of their complaint fully?
By: Chico
Apr 09, 2013
They are the worse Estate Agents in Walthamstow! The are wide boys that think they are the best in the business! I would not recommend them to my worse eney. Do not believe anything the say. I am still waiting for my survey to be refunded by Richard Maher.
Apr 09, 2013
Your information is well off of the mark, this is why over the past year we have 18 good reviews against 4 bad reviews for our sales team.

Should there be a situation where there are 2/3 offers that are put on a property we will take the vendors instructions, put all offers forward and make any buyers fully aware of the situation, it is their decision if they want to proceed.

Unfortunately in the current market conditions due to the high demand and lack of property we are finding that multiple offers are being submitted on most properties as they are placed onto the market, this is something that as agents we have no control over.

It is the vendor’s decision on which offer that they accept, naturally in most cases it will be the highest offer, they instruct an estate agent in order to get the highest price and that is what we are contracted to do.

We would not ask a buyer to book a survey unless the vendor had committed to them, if there was any doubt of the vendor’s commitment the buyer would be made aware and then it is their decision if they wish to proceed.

Should you wish to discuss this further and be given the correct information on our sales and offer procedures please feel free to call us or email us directly.

Regards,

Richard
By: Annoyed!!
Apr 05, 2013
I think Central Estates must be one of the most complained about agents in Walthamstow. There is a common thread: getting 3/4 buyers in a bidding war, getting them to carry out surveys, the highest/quickest bidder wins..2/3 people lose out on the sale and spend a lot of money/effort in the process. A winning combination for.... Central Estates! They claim to be the no.1 local agent! I wonder what for??!!...and how??!!
Mar 14, 2013
Hi Richard,

Following your comments I can confirm that there has never been a written or verbal complaint made against your office. We were informed by Francis on Thurs 28/02 that the manager of Central Estates had been advised of the situation and would call to discuss later in the day. Whilst waiting for the call we decided to post a review on this site.
I have never called or spoken to anyone at Central Estates since the 28/02, however as we had still not received a phone call from yourselves I did reply to an email from one of your colleagues, requesting the details of the manager/director of Central estates so that I could write/call them personally in regards to our experience with your company, however I thought this now unnecessary as you had opened a dialogue with us on this site.

Cristina did receive a call from you but it was to ask if we were still looking for a flat, she informed you that we were looking but we would not be dealing with Central Estates due to our recent experience, when you inquired further she told you that I was waiting for a call from your manager, not that I was already dealing with your manager.

I did receive a missed call from Central Estates but unfortunately there was no voicemail left, hence no replied call.

I do not believe that we were entering a 'public slanging match', we were merely stating our views, feelings and the facts that surround our dealings with Central Estates.

With respect

Mar 11, 2013
James/Christine,

At no point have I or the office manage Neil Ewen, received a written complaint in order to respond, I did call you Christine at which point you had told me that James was dealing with the office manager and not to call you again, I saw your review the same day and responded to it.

James has called the office and asked for our complaints procedure, he was given the office manager's email address to write to and we have received nothing to date.

I will not be commenting any further on this site and entering a 'public slanging match’ in regards to this matter as I feel that the information that you have posted above is incorrect as it does not correspond with the information given to me from both Frances and the vendor, the vendor of which has read the reviews and commented.

I have just tried your mobile number as requested but you did not answer, please feel free to call me should you wish to discuss the matter further.

We will be happy to respond to any complaint put in writing to Neil Ewen to the email address previously supplied and will comment on each point separately, it may even be a good idea to arrange a meeting with all parties should the vendor wish to.
Hi Richard,

My name is James, Cristina’s other half and dealt with Frances throughout our attempted purchase.

Thank you for your response to Cristina’s comment’s, we are pleased to see that you took the time to contact the vendor and discuss this matter, however are disappointed that you have not also contacted us directly (as advised), which is why we have felt compelled to leave a review on this site.

Regarding your comments, firstly, we were never informed that the vendor did not wish to take the property off the market until a survey was booked, I never had that conversation with Frances, secondly, there was never a 2nd viewing, we saw the flat once and put in an offer, the 1st of which was rejected, the 2nd was accepted, at no point did we have a 2nd viewing for any points to be re-iterated.

We were never formally advised that the vendor did not wish to remove the property from the market.

We fully understand that you are obliged to forward any offers made on a property up until the point of exchange.

What we have an issue with is the conduct of the agent dealing with ourselves.

We were advised by Frances on Wed 27/02 that a higher offer had just been accepted of £200k, that the offer was made by a cash buyer who had not gone through the agency but knocked on the vendors door. She advised she was fighting our corner and was in touch with the vendor who she had arranged to see at 7pm that night to discuss further. Frances advised there was still a chance of the vendor selling to us rather than the cash buyer as they could still fall through and we had already started the process. Our surveyors had been in touch Mond 25/03 to arrange a time to carry out the survey, but this had been put off by Frances. I asked Frances if we could personally visit the vendor ourselves, she advised she would speak to them and call back. I spoke to Frances later in the day and she confirmed she had spoken to the vendor again (Wed 27/02), and that she would be happy to speak to us, however she would like to speak to Frances first.

That night, (Wed 27/02), we waited to hear from Frances who was due to see the vendor after work at 7pm. By 8pm we had not heard from Frances and after trying to contact her, decided to take the decision to speak to the vendor personally.

We understand that this may have not been the best way to go about things but after Frances had told us that the vendor had taken an offer from someone knocking at her door, as well as Frances advising that she had spoken to the vendor and they would be happy to speak to us, we did not feel that the vendor would mind too much.

Upon speak to the vendor we were firstly advised that she was not expecting to see Frances that night, that she had in fact not heard from France since Monday. She also confirmed that the new offer had come through yourselves, rather than someone knocking at the door, and that the offer had been received the previous Friday (22/02).

So, this leaves us with what we feel aggrieved about,
1 - The fact that a higher offer was accepted on a Friday and we were only informed that we had been outbid on the following Wednesday.
2 - We were advised that Frances had been in touch with the seller, fighting our corner, only to find that she had not been in touch with the vendor that day or the previous day.
3 - We were told that the new offer had come from someone that had knocked on the vendors door, however as advised by the vendor, this was not the case.

We completely understand the vendors decision to go with a higher offer and, had we been told the truth by Frances would have been in a position to increase our offer to either match or better this, however as we were told something else, we were led to believe that our initial offer may still be accepted by the vendor.

I do not see the need for such a delay in information being passed onto ourselves in regards of a higher offer being accepted, and I cannot fathom why we were told it was an offer that had not come through your agency when it had.

I appreciate your time in reading this, and do look forward to your response, if you would however like to call me then you have my details on file and I would be glad to discuss with you personally.

Kind regards

Hi Richard,

What we have an issue with is the conduct of the agent dealing with ourselves.

So, this leaves us with what we feel aggrieved about,

Kind regards

By: Christine
Mar 08, 2013
Besides, I don't think you take complaints seriously like you said since we have never received the promised call to discuss all this issue and I had to leave this comment for you to comment on it.
By: Christine
Mar 08, 2013
After speaking with Frances on 27/02, we were led to believe the following 3 points
1. A higher offer of £200k has been accepted.
2. It was a cash offer made by someone who had knocked on her door
3. That you had spoken to the seller yesterday, 27/02, and had arranged to see her after work, around 7pm so she could lay her cards on the table

We were waiting for that call that's why we turned up at the flat since Frances was supposed to be there, and we found out that:

1. The higher off had been received on Friday 22/02
2. The new offer had come through Central Estates
3. That there had been no contact between yourself and the seller since Monday 25/02.

This leaves us with the following questions/problems:

1. Why, if a new offer had been made on Friday, were we not informed of this til Wednesday?
2. Why was we told the offer came through a cash buyer who knocked on the sellers door?
3. Why were we told that you had arranged to meet the seller to discuss this when no contact had been made.

It is not very ethical, knowing our offer had been accepted, we had started the process and paid more than £1000 in solictor's fees, mortgage and survey fees, you still accepted viewings on the flat and got someone to put an offer that was £5k higher. We understand that you wanted to sell the flat for as much as possible but then why not let us know that you had and kept on showing the flat and we would have either withdrawn from the sale, or perhaps matched the offer or made an even higher.

We were only upset for the unprofessional way Frances handled all this and her lies, not that we lost the flat, since we have found a better one by now with luckily honest estate agents.
At all times we understood the vendors position to take a higher offer and we only wanted to know this for sure since we could not trust the agent which is really frustrating.
Mar 07, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to respond to this, we really appreciate it.
By: Nic
Mar 07, 2013
Hi I am the vendor I have already told you all of the above when you knocked at my door at 8 pm at night with no appointment to ask if I'd take your offer instead. I understand you are upset but this is the way the property market works and always has done. As explained to you if your survey had been carried out I would not have taken any offers.

Frances is a credit to the estate agents she is by far the best. I have had nothing but excellent customer service from her.

It is unfortunate that you have been in this position and once again I will say how sorry I am for your upset but you are entitled to your survey money back as it was never carried out.

Best of luck in finding a new home.
Mar 06, 2013
I have spoken to the vendor at length in regards to this matter.

Francis had told you that the vendor did not wish to take the property off of the market until a survey was booked, the vendor has also told me that this was reiterated to you on your second viewing by her in a conversation in which you agreed that you knew this.

It was the vendors choice not to remove the property from the market as it was your choice whether to proceed on that basis.

Your offer was accepted but the vendor received another offer from another party. We are obliged under the estate agents act to forward all offers to the vendor whether it be of a higher or lower amount up until the point of exchange.

The fees that you have paid for your survey are either refundable or transferable to another property as your survey did not take place. This should also apply to your mortgage fees.

Your solicitor has asked for money on account to open a file, they have done no work whatsoever on your file as a contract was not sent to them, these fees again should be transferable to your next property.

Unfortunately in the current market conditions we are experiencing bidding wars and higher offers being made on properties due to the lack of supply, we are obligated to forward all offers to the vendor and try to deal with each offer in the fairest possible way, it is their choice whether to accept or not.

I have also asked the vendor to comment on this post as we have done absolutely nothing wrong and feel that this review is completely unjustified.

If you wish to discuss the matter further please write to us so that we can formally respond as we do take complaints extremely seriously.

Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow)

179 Hoe Street Walthamstow, London