Mar 05,2013
Mar 05,2013
This agency is one of the worst agencies I have ever dealt with. On arrival the house was nowhere near the standard we were told it would be. Throughout the year things would constantly break including radiators, refridgerators, showers and beds. These would often take months to get fixed despite assurances from Accomod8.

On top of this we were made to pay for these faults at the end of the year when moving out, as a result we made several complaints about this charge only to be threatened with court. As a student I do not have time or money to attend court and fight my case so we were left no option but to pay.

At the start of the year we where also unlucky enough to lose a housemate (who did not get into her next year of university) her rent was then forced on us and our garantors, which again we were threatened with court unless we paid. All in all between our 6 remaining tennents we were forced to pay out over £2000 on top of our own rent for that year of living. This left me and my housemates in an almost unliveable position. Overall I rate Accomod8 as a 0/10, they take clear advantage of young students. In my four years of renting different houses I can honestly say I have never came accross any agency or landlord as bad as Accomod8
By: The accommod8 Team
Jan 03, 2014
Dear 'Justin',

We are sorry you have had a less than acceptable experience with accommod8.

We house over 800 tenants each year in our accommodation and the issues you describe certainly do not reflect the experience of the vast majority. These issues will be investigated as far as they can without the specific details of the property and tenancy.

We manage a large portfolio of student property and commit significant resources to ensure the standard of our accommodation and customer service meets expectations. We will examine the issues raised to ensure this informs our ongoing business review.

We endeavour to communicate our policies and procedures both in advance of accommodation being secured by tenants, during the formalities and throughout the tenancy. We are aware some of this important information is not always understood by those it is intended for.

We have an FAQs page on our website which provides a full outline of the tenancy commitment once a deposit is paid and also the more important terms of the tenancy such as rent payments, retainers and deposits. During the tenancy we advise and assist on various topics including how to leave to leave the property to get deposits returned.

Tenancy agreements and application forms are issued to prospective tenants at viewings to ensure they have time to check the terms before they make a commitment and pay a deposit.

To provide our customers with a route to raise problems with us we have a comprehensive complaints procedure which also outlines the steps our customers can take should they feel our response to their complaints has not been satisfactorily addressed.

The FAQs and Complaints Procedure can be found here

accommod8 is licensed and regulated by the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and The Property Ombudsman (TPO). We are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) requiring us to administer deposits following strict rules and procedures.

Our priority for 2014 is to improve our communications and increase the capacity for responding to and carrying out repairs and maintenance.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we are sorry you were disappointed with our service.

The accommod8 Team

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Accommod8 Office 1! To leave a new review of Accommod8 Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Accommod8 Office 1