Mar 05,2013
Mar 05,2013
I was looking for a property in West London and used a few agencies in the area. Foxtons was very quick to arrange viewings and to take me to some properties. All the properties I was taken to was way over budget. I found a place but the offer was not accepted, so Foxtons said there is another apartment that I should put an offer on. This was an apartment which I was not really interested in because it was in a bad state; dirty walls, missing lights, damaged walls, and the list goes on. I put an offer in and it was accepted by the landlord. Everything went well up to this point.
Then, once the offer was accepted, I was pushed to sign the contract for TWO years, which I had to do within 24 hours and pay £4800 deposit as well. Daniel was pushing me to get it all done, because according to him, there were other people interested as well. I did however make it very clear that the apartment MUST be professionally cleaned and the lights need to be fixed as well as the marks on the walls fixed. I was told that this will be sorted out before I move in.

A few days before I had to move in, someone from Foxtons was supposed to contact me to arrange the key collection etc. I never received any calls from them after I paid the deposit. On the day I moved in, I collected the keys from the Chiswick office, where I was met by an arrogant male member of staff, sitting at the front desk.
To make a long story short, when I eventually got into the apartment, it was exactly the same condition as the day when I went for a viewing. Nothing was cleaned, lights were missing and the place was a mess. I tried to contact Daniel, but my calls were ignore. When I eventually got hold of him, he gave a lot of BS and said he will sort it out. This never happened and that was the last time I spoke to him. My calls were ignored and it felt like I was caught in a trap, for 2 years!
I took it on myself to make the best out of a bad situation and replaced the lights myself, fixed and painted the walls and fixed all the other problems there was.
However, the warm water boiler just broke and I had to contact the so called 24hour emergency number. All they was that they will not come out because the unit it faulty and I had to speak to Foxtons in the morning. I called Foxtons Chiswick and left a messages for the property manager Liam to call. Had to wait over an hour before he phoned back after I called a few time.

All I received from Foxtons is ..... nothing bad really bad service.

Don\'t let the modern-contemporary interior of their office fool you. They are just the same, maybe even worse than some of the really bad agencies out there.

If there was a ZERO for the score, they would have gotten it.

Foxtons