Mar 01,2013
By: 'London-man135'
Mar 01,2013
4 people found
this helpful
We went to look at a flat in December, and were shown around by Shamsul. Although we liked the flat, he was very pushy with us putting down an offer (later we realised it was because he was going on work leave a few days after and wanted to just get it out the way). We did make an offer, as we liked the place, saying we needed to move in by the 27th of December. Shamsul said it would all be sorted and we would be fine moving in on the 27th, no problem. A few days later, we didn\'t hear anything back from Ludlow Thompson and Sham was on work leave, therefore we couldn\'t get started on our referencing or anything. Either Sham failed to pass on the documents to the next person who was going to reference us or they were misplaced. I had to call the branch so many times in order to get anything done at all. Finally we spoke to Kirsty Eke about a week later and we began doing our references.

Whilst we were doing references, there was meant to be work going on at the flat, a general clean as well as fixing some cupboards and general wear-and-tear. On the 21st of December (6 days before move-in date!), Jaz Izzet sent me an email saying no work at all had been done on the flat, and it was in the same state as when we first looked at it. This obviously annoyed us, as we were meant to be moving in very soon. I had to make a load more phone calls to the branch trying to get someone to tell me what was going on and why nothing was happening. Nobody called me from the branch to explain, and no one actually made an effort to try to sort the problem, they only sent an email or two to the landlord.

At some point after Christmas, I was put in contact with the landlady who was in Tonga. This further complicated the situation, as there was clearly terrible communication between the landlady and the estate agency. Each was blaming the other for nothing having been done to sort out the flat. Bear in mind that Shamsul has been away all this time, and no one had access to the documents he had concerning our tenancy as he was \'uncontactable.\' On the 27th, there was no sign of us moving, and still nothing happening at the flat.

In January - still nothing had been done. I spoke to Jibby for the first time, who was actually quite helpful compared to anybody else we had dealt with. He went to the flat again around the 3rd-5th Jan, and he deemed the flat \'unfit for habitation\' as some of the plaster fell away from the ceiling in one of the rooms and it would require scaffolding to fix. I literally couldn\'t believe what was going on. I was told that the work couldn\'t be done as there was no electricity and there was no key for the meter to top it up with. Around this time Sham was still uncontactable as he had called in sick for the last week.

Finally, on the 8th of January, Jibby resolved to just give our deposit back as clearly nothing was going to happen and we couldn\'t move in anytime soon. That was the end of it. A truly awful experience that has taught me never to deal with Ludlow Thompson again.
Was this helpful? Yes

Agent Response / Add a Comment

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review.


(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London
Greater London

020 7820 4141

Opening hours

Book FREE Valuation