Feb 21,2013
Feb 21,2013
My wife and I saw what could potentially be our dream home. It was £30000 below market value in a sought after area. It needed a lot of work doing to it.
We approached Fox and Sons, Kingland Road Poole branch to arrange the viewing. The agents name was Steve. He was mumbling, incoherent mess. Our viewing was originally for 17:45 but they called that morning to confirm our viewing for 17:50. I said no its 17:45. They informed me they had a viewing at that time and tht ours was 17:30.
My wife and I fell in love with the house. We called the next morning at 08:30 and put an offer in for the full asking price. It was at this point Steve informed me our offer will not be put forward until I spoke to his mortgage advisor. I informed him we have a mortgage sorted with our bank and I have proof to back this up. He. Said we would still have to talk to them as it was company policy.
I agreed and spoke to their mortgage advisor, Emma. To cut a long story short I was told she told me that our chances would be in better position with our offer if we got a mortgage through them as they can vet us 100% and put our offer forward with confidence. I informed her we own out house outright, we have a buyer and are only after a small mortgage. Only a cash buyer would be in a stronger position. She did tell me there were other offers in the ball park of the asking price but wouldn\'t tell me how much exactly.
Our offer was declined. Steve said our offer wasn\'t accepted. I asked how much she did accept but couldn\'t tell me, he wanted to protect his client.
This stinks of conditional selling, I will endeavour to find out what happened with our offer and make a formal complaint. STAY AWAY FROM FOX & SONS. They\'re are more interested in selling you a mortgage than a house and will favour buyers who apply for a mortgage through them!
By: Observer
Jun 11, 2013
err not one to stick up for agents but where is issue in this? sounds like sour grapes! - you lost out on a property after being told other offers were on it, gave you a chance to use their mortgage services so they have a better hold on the sale so less chance of a fall through, you lost out as a better offer to the seller came along (possibly price or position) and then you are upset as they will not disclose price which is a breech of data protection.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fox & Sons Poole! To leave a new review of Fox & Sons Poole, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fox & Sons Poole