Feb 05,2013
Feb 05,2013
Dishonest / Rude staff, tell you anything to get you in the property.

I was told the following:

- Walls would be cleaned / painted - Didn't Happen!

- Rent was not due till a later date as in pro-invoice - This actually changed and I wasn't even informed of the new first payment date (after the rent and deposit), this made me go into arrears till I cleared it, I was told 3 times of the payment date even once signing the tenancy for the keys, I was then told after a long argument that it was a miss-understanding (There side). Landlord then had to give me bad reference due to the rent cause of the miss leading information Acorn staff told me.

- Damp appeared all over the property after moving in, cleaned several times and keeps coming back (I have Asthma and this is not good for my health)

- There was lots of rust all over the radiator in the bathroom, oven in the Kitchen as well as the hob.

- The fridge and cupboards in the Kitchen all needed a good clean as it was completely dirty once moved in.

- We was also without keys to the letterbox for almost 2 weeks as they took ages to get them to us and spare keys for my girlfriend.

- We were not informed of our allocated space for parking.

- The building is suppose to be for non-smokers, yet the place always smells of cigarettes and about once a week smells of Weed.

When coming to end the tenancy on the 6 month break clause (Which was made out there wasn't one to begin with till I had it looked into) the staff then become very rude.

Before even moving in the property the staff always seemed confused of any arrangements and decided to tell me anything I wanted to hear, rather than calling back at a later time with the correct information.

I was not even told that the property I moved into is owned by a Housing Association, and the Landlord was almost impossible to get hold off and always took ages to respond to emails.

I was mostly assisted by Mercedes Koehl.

I would advise anyone to NOT rent any property by Acorn Property Management.

Very unhelpful, dishonest and rude!!!

I will certainly not be using them again....
By: Suzanne
Feb 26, 2014
We were very surprised to read this review! This property was let on behalf of a Housing Association which the tenants would have been informed about as they would have had to apply to the Housing Association pre-tenancy to have been accepted for a potential tenancy. This property was let on a let only basis which means we do not have any involvement in the maintenance of the property and do not organise any cleaning, painting etc prior to the start of any tenancy. We would therefore not have advised any tenants that a property would be painted prior to them moving in as this would not be a decision we could have made. With regard to the rent payments this is all outlined in a pre-tenancy form prior to the start of any tenancy which tenants would have agreed. A direct debit form would have been issued to them giving them the date when the first direct debit payment was due. As a let only agent for this Association we would only have collected the initial rent payment and deposit on behalf of the housing association. We do not prepare the tenancy agreements for the housing association as they use there own. All tenants are checked into the property by a member of staff and are given a parking plan or shown where there parking place is which is in an information pack they received on the day of their check in. We are never unhelpful, dishonest or rude! We always give 100% and believe we offer a very good service to our customers.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Acorn Property Management Office 1! To leave a new review of Acorn Property Management Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Acorn Property Management Office 1