Dishonest / Rude staff, tell you anything to get you in the property.
I was told the following:
- Walls would be cleaned / painted - Didn't Happen!
- Rent was not due till a later date as in pro-invoice - This actually changed and I wasn't even informed of the new first payment date (after the rent and deposit), this made me go into arrears till I cleared it, I was told 3 times of the payment date even once signing the tenancy for the keys, I was then told after a long argument that it was a miss-understanding (There side). Landlord then had to give me bad reference due to the rent cause of the miss leading information Acorn staff told me.
- Damp appeared all over the property after moving in, cleaned several times and keeps coming back (I have Asthma and this is not good for my health)
- There was lots of rust all over the radiator in the bathroom, oven in the Kitchen as well as the hob.
- The fridge and cupboards in the Kitchen all needed a good clean as it was completely dirty once moved in.
- We was also without keys to the letterbox for almost 2 weeks as they took ages to get them to us and spare keys for my girlfriend.
- We were not informed of our allocated space for parking.
- The building is suppose to be for non-smokers, yet the place always smells of cigarettes and about once a week smells of Weed.
When coming to end the tenancy on the 6 month break clause (Which was made out there wasn't one to begin with till I had it looked into) the staff then become very rude.
Before even moving in the property the staff always seemed confused of any arrangements and decided to tell me anything I wanted to hear, rather than calling back at a later time with the correct information.
I was not even told that the property I moved into is owned by a Housing Association, and the Landlord was almost impossible to get hold off and always took ages to respond to emails.
I was mostly assisted by Mercedes Koehl.
I would advise anyone to NOT rent any property by Acorn Property Management.
Very unhelpful, dishonest and rude!!!
I will certainly not be using them again....