Feb 21,2013
Feb 21,2013
We live in Australia and were looking for a property in the south of england which could accommodate 2 married couples in their mid fifties - 2 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms during the high season. After much searching we located a property we thought would be ideal in Chichester. Given the 8 hour time difference we were left with little choice other than to correspond with the agent via email.

Things started out fairly nicely with the agent responding to our initial email (18 January 2013) promptly, but things went down hill from there. It took 2 emails to explain to the agent what the period of our intended stay was. The agent then advised that they would get back to us via email when they confirmed availability of the property with the owner. We thought this was peculiar as the property was advertised on the internet and did have a calendar affixed indicating that the property was available. However, we trusted in the professionalism of English business.

On 23 January 2013 I again sent an email to the agent outling the difficulty in identifying ideal properties for our purposes coupled with the high demand at the time of our intended visit.

As I had not heard from Pallant Holiday Lets, I again emailled them on 30 January 2013 (over a week since I had last received correspondence from them) asking about the status of our let.

On 31 January 2013 Laura from Pallant emilled us and advised that they had had technical problems with their emails but that they had hoped to contact the property owner that day and would be in touch with us ASAP.

By 20 February 2013 I had still received no correspondence back from Pallant Holiday Lets on the status of our let.

From the tone of previous messages from Pallant I had deduced that they were wasting my time and had arranged alternative accommodation for our party albeit in the North of England. In response to my curt email of 20 February 2013, Pallant sent me an email apologising and trying to blame the property owner once again for procrastinating.

My advice to people who are thinking of using Pallant Holiday Lets to arrange accommodation, is to look elsewhere - Pallant are totally unprofessional and useless. If you want to book in confidence try somewhere else. There are no excuses for not keeping potential customers appraised of their booking.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Pallant Holiday Lets Office 1! To leave a new review of Pallant Holiday Lets Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Pallant Holiday Lets Office 1