Feb 20,2013
Feb 20,2013
A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I where in a nice apartment thinking about moving, for financial reasons.
We decided to have a look at a few places to see what was out there.
On our first day of looking, we got a call from an agent from Felicity J Lord telling us of a place that has come on the market.
We went to view the place and (even though we had to view it in the dark as the key for the electricity was not there) we loved it and at the price, we knew that it wouldn\'t stay long on the market.
So, incredibly, on our first day of looking we found a place.
We signed an offer form, paid the £1000 to take it off the market, filled in all the forms and were told that our offer had been accepted.
We were told that the rest of the money (agency fees/ months rent et al) would be taken out of our account a week before we move in.
On a Thursday,6 days before we were to move, nothing was happening. I rang Felicity J Lord and was told that it was just a matter of paper work going through.
5 days before, a further phone call and the same reply.
2 days before we were due to move in, still no progress and on asking to see the property in the light of day we were told that the time that we suggested wasn\'t suitable and we would be called later IF another agent could show us.
We were getting worried.
3 phone calls that same day to Felicity J Lord before we got to talk to anyone and again we were told that all was ok, not to worry.
But we WERE worried, we had arranged for our tv & internet to be cancelled and also for a van to come for our things on Wednesday.
So after that phone call we decided the best thing to do would be to pay a visit in person.
Only because of this visit and our persistence on knowing what was happening were we told that the paperwork that was causing problems would mean that we could not move in until Friday.
When were they planning on telling us that over the phone?!!
We were then brought to see the place again and on pointing out the BIG HOLE in the door, the agent seemed a bit bemused when we asked if the landlord will fix it.
My girlfriend and I were both working on Friday so the agent assured us that we would have the keys dropped into our workplace and that for sure we would have the keys to our new place in our hands on Friday.
The next day I got a call saying that the place was taken off the market.
I am now in a position where the place we were supposed to move into is gone, the place where we live is going and my £1000 deposit (that I was told was returned to me) is still not in my account.
I don\'t think that HOMELESSNESS is a good advertisement for a letting agent but that is where my dealings with Felicity J Lord has left me.
Disgusted is a very strong word, but that is how we feel.
I will never deal with this agency again and if I wasn\'t spending all my energy in finding a solution to my current housing problems, I would spend ALL of my spare time telling people NEVER to deal with them.
By: Jane P
Mar 01, 2013
I dealt with wapping branch and i myself had a very bad experience with them. being a professional letting agency, i would expect the agents to deal with us professionally but they were not straightforward, never respond to emails on time and even disclosed some information to us about the properly. they were horrible and i will definitely never use them in the future.
By: SparklyFairy
Feb 26, 2013

Could you tell me which branch this was? Only I'm looking to move myself, and am currently in negotiations with them.

I'm sorry you've had such a rotten time of it, I hope you manage to sort something soon.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Felicity J Lord Bermondsey! To leave a new review of Felicity J Lord Bermondsey, please click the link below !
Write a review for Felicity J Lord Bermondsey