Feb 20,2013
Feb 20,2013
I rented with Martin & Co Manchester from 2010-2011. Things started badly as initially they didn\'t even turn up for my viewing even though they\'d confirmed and I\'d travelled 40 miles for it! I called the office and the manager/owner came out himself and showed us around which was really good.

*I mainly had issues with Martin & Co when something didn\'t work and I had to contact them e.g. when the shower and fridge broke. At which point they actually took awhile to \'contact the landlord\' to \'OK the repairs\' which was such a long and ridiculous process.
*Furthermore, when I decided to leave the property it became clear the agents had \'lost\' their set of keys and always needed me present for all of the viewings which was unreasonable at times. On one occasion Matt even called me one evening and asked if he could come to the property to get my keys copied, I agreed as this seemed better than having to stay in just so people could view the place!
*As someone else mentioned, the fees with this company are somewhat odd. I initially signed up for 6 months and decided to stay for another 6 after this, I was charged around £50 for a new contract (this was explicit though). I was also charged for the inventory check-out which took a few minutes! Upon mentioning Martin & Co to my new letting agency they actually laughed and said \'oh dear, we know all about them\', which lead me to believe they have a reputation in Manchester!
The agency should have lower fees and not charge for things such as extending ones contract, this is possible as other agencies operate this way. It would also help if the agency contacted Landlords quicker and sought their response when an issue arises. Furthermore, staff working here could have more knowledge about the properties they are letting and ensure they have spare keys if needed so they don\'t always need the tenant present when conducting new viewings.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 100! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 100, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 100