Feb 20,2013
Feb 20,2013
I can not express how badly this company has treated me and my partner! On the day we went into the Crawley branch to pay our deposit and collect the keys we were told the property had not been cleaned, people would be in over the weekend to paint and decorate and the only reason we were given was the landlord has just had a baby! Well what is their role as the letting agent?! We were given the option to stay in our current property for the night but this would be at an extra charge to us which simply wasn\'t good enough. On arriving at the property the landlord was there but left straight away, leaving us with washing in the washing machine, a garden full of rubbish, used and soiled underwear in the bedroom, no toilet seat and thick black hair in the bath!
I made a complaint straight away to Choices and was sent an acknowledgement letter but 6 months on still no actual response to the complaint!
Kerrie Glassey that works at the customer services branch is completely rude and several times shouted at me and my partner. We were left without heating or hot water for a week and at the time I was 6 months pregnant so this is completely unacceptable during the winter! But again no help from Choices.
We have since moved out of the property on 3rd Feb 2013 (which was a Sunday) I have been told by Choices that they want to charge us an extra days rent as we did not return the keys until the monday as the branch was closed - I thought better to hold on to them to make sure they were signed for correctly - but apparently this is not the correct process although this was never explained to us to leave them in the letterbox and says nowhere in the contract. I am still waiting for the return of our deposit, I called them today to be told they have to wait for a deposit pack then can only be sent to their accounts department in batches then once received by them it will take a couple of days then we will be sent a statement then our money returned, could not even guarantee that it would be the beginning of the month! I am due to give birth any day now and the stress this company have caused me, I can never forgive and urge everyone to read this review and hopefully never do business with this company, they are terrible.
By: StephaniePrior
Feb 22, 2013
Dear Katie, I have replied to you directly by email but want to apologise again for the situation you had when you moved into the most recent property. You had been a tenant with Choices in another prperty and we had no problems on that tenancy, however on this occasion the landlord carried out her own inventories and repairs and although we were working as hard as possible to resolve any issues at move in or with repairs we are sometimes unable to isntruct works when we do not have the landlords instructions. I have sorted out the issue for you ont he days rent and this has been waived and hopefully this matter will all be sorted soon.
We wish you well with your forthcoming happy event! kind regards Stephanie Prior Compliance Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Choices Crawley! To leave a new review of Choices Crawley, please click the link below !
Write a review for Choices Crawley