Feb 19,2013
Feb 19,2013
LANDLORDS BEWARE!!! These agents ask tenants to lie for them!!

Fineholm expect tenants to bend over backwards to organize emergency repairs themselves as they are "too busy" to arrange. They expected us to go for 1 week without any heating, hot water or basic washing facilities. I would be interested to know if they would be prepared to do the same if it was their flat.

They also ask tenants to lie to 3rd party tradesmen to cover the fact that they are unable to arrange for a safety certificate to be carried out in a timely manner (a legal requirement.)

Add in to the equation that they turn up to an inspection unannouced merely a few weeks after the previous inspection, using the keys that they apparently couldn\'t use for emergency tradesmen.

Clearly, noting all of the above, the staff at Fineholm not only lie (I was told they were one of the few letting agents to have management keys) but also expect tenants to cover their incomepetance.

The staff are incredibly rude and defensive on the phone and via email, and seriously in need of some customer service training.

Absolutely shocking service from Fineholm, it is safe to say I will not be using them again and I am advising everyone I know to steer well clear.
By: disappointedtenant!
Feb 21, 2013
Mandy - I do have the email proof of me changing the inspection date, which i previously forwarded to Maria. I also explained to her that Scottish Gas offered me a 45 minute call prior to arriving to the property to fix the problem. Again, a defensive response.
By: Mandy Beard
Feb 20, 2013
I believe I spoke with you yesterday with regards to repairs at the property. The fault was reported on Monday to us and as stated on the original inventory, there is a 3* Scottish Gas maintenance contract on the property (re-iterated to you on Monday during your call). It is impossible for us(Fineholm) to stay at the property for their designated time slots to give entry of either 8-1 or 1-6. We took further instruction from the LANDLORD who agreed that one of the tenants would need to make time to be there, which she thought reasonable;Scottish gas can attend normally that day or the following. Fineholm offered to drop off heaters if this would help to provide temporary heat but this was refused. There was a very similar problem for access for the gas safety. Whilst I appreciate there is an inconvenience to take time off work, there is unfortunately sometimes a need for this. Please note that had Scottish Gas offered to give us a call 30 mins beforehand for an appointment we would have been able to attend but they were unwilling to do this. We always email for inspections which I believe we ran through with you as well. I understand your frustration but I would strongly refute that Fineholm had provided a poor service or indeed any member of staff had been rude or short. Should you wish to discuss this further however then please contact Mandy.beard@fineholm.co.uk

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fineholm Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Fineholm Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fineholm Edinburgh