Feb 17,2013
Feb 17,2013
I am a former tenant of Braemore

I moved out of the property in September last year and organised to be present at the inspections, this was cancelled and organised without letting the tenants know.

We waited over 3 months to get any of our deposits back, this 3 month period was apparently as they were waiting on cleaning invoices. We received a cleaning bill of over £300 which when asked, it was just for the shower, oven and skirting boards. Over the three month period I had dozens of unanswered emails, promises to call me back etc. Eventually after threatening legal action I was promised the deposit minus deductions, which I would get a detailed list of which so I could appeal.

I received my deposit minus a huge deduction for cleaning and 3 broken windows, 2 of which I was unaware were broken.
I never received a breakdown of the deductions, furthermore I was only given a proportion of my entitlement, with money still left on their account, since I am no longer using their services this seems absurd.

Again I have emailed, called etc but have been ignored. Even so far as I emailed the director and was ignored.

I am left in the situation of where a company has my money, and is refusing to give it back. I am at present undertaken a small claims action.

Advice would be to avoid this property service at all cost, they will charge you extortionate amounts and refuse to provide evidence that their external suppliers actually invoiced this cost. They will ignore all your correspondance and refuse to give you your money back.
Reply to legal action when it arrives and comply.
By: Rockape2006
Mar 31, 2013
Cheers mate, will do that asap. Thanks for taking the time to provide advice
By: jamesusa02
Mar 11, 2013
Type the address in Scottish landlord register online. Find the name and home address of your landlord. Then find the home phone number of your landlord using yellow pages or something online. Give them a call and explain situation andhow much a nightmare braemore property are being! Ultimately it is the landlord who decides if you get your deposit back in full. Dont be surprised if braemore phone you the next day saying there is no problems and here's your money back. Good luck!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Braemore Sales & Lettings Morningside Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Braemore Sales & Lettings Morningside Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Braemore Sales & Lettings Morningside Edinburgh