Feb 16,2013
Feb 16,2013
From start to finish this agency was both useless and unprofessional. On taking up my tenancy on the first day I was given keys and told to go there on my own as no-one was \'available\' to come with me to go through the inventory etc. Whenever I had a problem, which was only on a couple of occasions in the year I lived at my flat, they completely shirked all responsibility, asking me to contact the landlord myself and that they could not help etc. The worst was yet to come when I handed my notice in, as I received notices of viewings by other potential tenants to be shown around my flat by TEXT telling me, not asking me that a viewing was to take place at a specific time in 48 hours. That was AFTER I had rang to find out when viewings would initially take place after seeing my flat advertised on Rightmove over a week earlier. Strange, I thought that no one from the agency had contacted me about it. It was only after ringing and speaking to a girl who sounded like it was the first job she had ever had since leaving school, informed me that she had contacted me but, behold, she had been sending texts to the WRONG mobile number i.e. the previous tenants. It was pure luck that the viewing time I\'d missed because of the incorrect phone number just happened to cancel. Otherwise they would have just turned up without me knowing. Completely out of order, I complained that I wanted a phone call.

It didn\'t end there. It took 2 weeks to give back my deposit, even though my landlord had said I had left the flat in an immaculate condition and asked the agency to release the funds. Instead, I was made to wait 2 weeks unnecessarily, only to be then told that I had to pick up a cheque from the Didsbury office. When I complained to the manager and said I would take this further, he just kept repeating that legally they had 2 weeks before having to return deposits blah blah blah. In other words, Philip James Partnership should also double as Philip James Investment Funds, as their aim is to keep your deposit in their banks for as long as possible to gain interest.

You\'ve been warned!
By: Staff
Feb 21, 2013
This is obviously a Let Only tenancy and therefore all repairs would have to be reported by the tenant directly to the Landlord.
No-one is ever asked to collect a cheque from the office. Cheques are posted out to the forwarding address given by the vacatiing tenant.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Philip James Partnership Didsbury Manchester! To leave a new review of Philip James Partnership Didsbury Manchester, please click the link below !
Write a review for Philip James Partnership Didsbury Manchester