Nov 08,2012
Nov 08,2012
Avoid this estate agent at all costs. They are extremely unprofessional and even attempted to keep my full 6 weeks deposit. Fortunately it was held with the DPS who have recently reviewed the evidence and I claimed it all back, after 4 months of leaving the property.

I entered a 6months rolling contact on a joint tenancy agreement with 2 others. After a year I decided to move on, I handed in my notice and did everything else as I should have done. The agent, which is a small independant family run business, claimed that they could take all my deposit to cover the rent of empty room should a replacement not be found, hence why my deposit was in dispute with the DPS, who obviously knew that the estate agent where trying to pull a fast one. The tenants should be left to pick up the reduction in rent, however none of this was put in the contract which I find incredible. They said I had to find someone, basically they are lazy agents who do nothing.

There were a host of other problems, mice, flooding (and no emergency call out) no inventory checks or safety checks for the whole time I was there and they took forever to sort things out.

Be very weary of these agents and check your agreement terms and be prepared for a poorly run business should you choose to go with them.

I\'m now with an established agent which makes a huge difference!
Learn how to write up terms and conditions in agreements, will save time and effort for everyone in the long run. Also learn how to manage properties properly

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Darren Estate Office 1! To leave a new review of Darren Estate Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Darren Estate Office 1