Feb 13,2013
Feb 13,2013
Really really badly run company. I am a buyer with a large deposit, someone who might be on their priority list for customer service but sadly it was not the case. Upon registering I was bombarded by emails and calls about stuff that was totally unsuitable (wrong areas, properties which I specified were not for me etc...). They would text with minimal details such as: 2 bed flat new to market, call us. I would call to find it is not suitable for me and eventually this annoyed me and I requested not to be contacted. I would contact them about advertised properties several times only to be told stuff like; we don\'t have the keys yet, tenants are in and so on...and I would ask them to ring me when I can view the property. Then I found out that one of the properties I requested to see was under offer. I asked them how is this possible as I did not get to see it only to be told I requested not to be called, that I would call them and that they had lots of properties they never advertise, but instead call their \'preferred customers\'.

I pointed out to them that I did get in touch about this property and I did ask to be called back when they have the keys. The agent kept on insisting I was at fault as I opted out of being called for any random unsuitable property (at times they would ring me 3 times a day for stuff that was highly unmatched).

I wonder who these preferred customers are if people like me are not getting a chance to see properties and we are not investors, instead we are prepared to pay a good price for a property that will be our home.

Maybe they don\'t mean to be this unprofessional but it is certainly coming across this way. I only had this problem with them, other agents call me when something that seriously might suit me comes along and they seem to be able to remember what I told them. Shame about the fact that DA\'s system is not set up in a way that does not require unnecessary phone calls while I am working only to find out that 9 out of 10 phone calls are about nothing that suit me. I now feel I might give them a miss...even if I do find a home through them, the nightmare of dealing with them will destroy me.

If you are selling a property and you would like professional people with large deposit and a good mortgage offer to buy it, think twice about advertising with them.
Nothing. I feel better quality staff need to be employed by this agency.
Oct 03, 2013
Dear Tinny,
I am very sorry to hear of your disatisfaction and it is certainly out-of-keeping with lots of positive feedback I receive about our Wanstead office.
I am very ckeen to learn more from your experience so we can see where we may have failed on this occasion, as such I would ask that you email me personally at jon.holden@douglasallen.co.uk. Regards, Jon Holden, Managing Director - Douglas Allen

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 11! To leave a new review of Douglas Allen Office 11, please click the link below !
Write a review for Douglas Allen Office 11