Feb 08,2013
Feb 08,2013
We told the agent we really wanted the property.We offered a 40K deposit to secure it until we could have a mortgage in place but this would not be possible. We then struggled to get a mortgage for many reasons but after 2 hard weeks of borrowing money from family,surveys, structural reports etc we got a mortgage arranged!

On the morning of paying for the Mortgage to be set up our mortgage advisor call up Townend to agree the property is ours be for we pay Mortgage set up costs. They agreed "Yes its yours"!
We paid £300 pounds set up cost and sent them the paper work.
3 hours later we received a call saying someone has just walked in with a cash offer same value as yours at exactly the same time as your paper work came in sorry.
Townend new this was going to happen as they stalled on the paper work to rent our house out for 2days before when I called asking when the new renter wanted to move into ours.
I found this very under hand and they offered no compensation other than sorry that\'s the way it goes.

We then offered full asking price to the seller 15K more than the cash offer, They apparently refused even though we had the funds in place.

Townend has played us from the outset and I am very disappointed with the way we have been treated.

Please be careful when dealing with estate agents, read up on the internet of peoples horror stories and cover yourself, I wish I had!
The agent could have been honest and true to there word. The agent could have stopped the last viewings as I requested when we agreed to buy and had mortgage sorted! The agent could have secured the property three days earlier and also signed to rent ours out at the same time. The agent should have said to the cash buyer \"sorry its sold subject to contract, you will be the 1st to know if the contract cannot be met\"

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Neville E Townend Office 1! To leave a new review of Neville E Townend Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Neville E Townend Office 1