Jan 23,2013
Jan 23,2013
Fryzer Property Services took over our block in Autumn 2010, prior to this Robert Fryzer used to work for Countywide, who also managed our block.

We have one big gripe with them. We have a full time resident caretaker who has been working at our block Normandy House, 18 The Drive, Hove, for about 10 years.

The first Xmas he was here my partner sent him a card and a little gift of chocolate liqueurs. He knocked on our door a few days later to say thank you for the card and gift, however he handed back the chocolate liqueurs stating that he is a recovering alcoholic and didn't want to be tempted, fair enough.

Soon after that it all started, he would randomly knock on our flat door shouting drunken abuse at us for no reason at all. The abuse went on for about 2 years, we as leaseholders are contributing to his wages via our Service Charge Payment and we see it like this we are paying to be abused by our resident caretaker, how sh..t is that.

We also know that he nips off early afternoons when he should be on duty at the block down to his local pub The Neptune on Hove, Kingsway.

We knew by his antics that he had fallen back, I guess to his old ways, the mistake we made was NOT reporting it to the Managing Agents, which was countrywide at the time and also our board of directors, at least they would have had a record of it.

We thought that if we did report his antics they wouldn't believe us and ask for proof, as it would be our word against his.

On several occasions due to a very poor standard of cleaning in the block where we have had to speak to the caretaker about this and each time he has verbally kicked off on us. Other leaseholders on previous AGM's have also pointed out about substandard level of cleaning.

We got tired of the caretakers drunken antics and poor level of performance. So we reported him to Fryzer Property Services and arranged for a formal meeting with Robert Fryzer which was held in our flat outlining everything from the drunken abuse in the early days to the verbal abuse when talking to him about substandard level of cleaning. As expected, nothing happened .

Soon after that my friend who is Brighton Cabbie picked our resident caretaker up in a very drunk state at 2pm from the Hove Park Tavern, and dropped him back to the block. He phoned me soon after to advise me of this, I then made a formal complaint to Fryzer Property Services and they did absolutely nothing, how unprofessional, brushed under the carpet as per usual.

On Thursday the 22/Nov/2012 I was meeting a friend of mine for a drink at 3pm in the Neptune Pub on Hove, Kingsway as he lives close by. And as I walked in the pub guess who was sitting there looking very comfortable and settled in, our caretaker. Soon after I contacted Fryzer Property Services and spoke to a member of staff who confirm that the caretaker was supposed to be on duty that day and should be at the block and not down the pub, which they confirmed by email.

The following day I saw Robert Fryzer on his weekly visit to block and asked for quick word in my flat where I advised him about the matter. I also backed it up with a written formal complaint.

After two following up emails from us. Six weeks later Fryzer Property Services got back to us stating they have carried out an investigation and the long and short of it is. The caretaker said he worked through his lunch hour as he was supervising a new tenant moving in or out or fiction to that effect anyway. Fryzer Property Services said they accept the STORY and have issue a warning.

We have asked for a copies of the investigation notes and the written warning.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fryzer Property Services Office 1! To leave a new review of Fryzer Property Services Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fryzer Property Services Office 1