Jan 21,2013
Jan 21,2013
We agreed to sell through this local agent, whom we initially found pleasant and helpful. The first few communications were a little slow, but nothing that rang any alarm bells. However, although pleasant, every interaction with Kings appears to have been unnecessarily complex.

When their staff member came to take pictures of our house, she had forgotten a memory card for her camera. Although our house is a few minutes walk from the agents, rather than going to get a memory card, the alternative suggested was taking a few pictures with an iPad. Obviously, this would be of a significantly poorer quality than pictures taken with an SLR camera, so we declined this offer.

Pictures were taken, although these were unsatisfactory. Some were poorly lit, some had dog blankets in the background, and other items of clutter. We had offered to assist in moving these, but the agent was happy to take pictures without us. We rejected these pictures, and in the end, took our own.

I had agreed to go to the branch on a Saturday to sign the agreement, as I am working away from home, hence the desire to move. Even though I had arranged to do this, when I turned up, the branch was closed with a note on the door saying that there had been a power cut the evening before, so they were not opening that day. I asked for a replacement copy of the agreement to be sent to me, and this had different terms to that which we had agreed.

When the pictures finally went live of the agent's website and through printed marketing material, there were a number of spelling and grammar mistakes that needed correcting. I was surprised that this had apparently not been proof read before being published.

As part of the sales process, we were shown 3D tours that would be available via the agent's website. Although this was filmed, it was never produced

We felt that there was little interaction from the agent once the property was on sale, and we had few viewings. When my wife popped in and asked for any advice as to how to address this, or to look for more opportunities to sell, the member of staff suggested that the best thing to do was a significant price reduction.

We decided that, after the initial period of exclusivity, we should end our agreement with this agent. I wrote to them, and politely pointed out these issues. I received a response with some excuses why the various issues had occurred, and comments effectively that our asking price - which was suggested by Kings - was too high. I was amused that, in responding to my comments that they had got some of the small details wrong, they managed to spell both my name and my address incorrectly. I thought that was a great example of the sort of poor attention to detail we had seen. If you cannot get your customers' names and addresses correct, what chance have you got of completing a sale?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Kings Properties Office 1! To leave a new review of Kings Properties Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Kings Properties Office 1