Feb 05,2013
Feb 05,2013
I rented from TN last year and they were terrible, one of my housemates left the house without informing any of us and refused to pay FIVE months of his rent - we were obviously concerned as the house was on a joint contract but TN told us they were chasing it up and not to worry. What a surprise, it was a lie. They informed us that the remaining four tenants owed in excess of £1,500 to pay the vanished housemates rent - very unsure as to why they ask for guarantors if they are not going to follow up rent payments. They are too busy counting their dirty money I guess.

I signed up to another company this year, but the letting company went bust and to my luck my landlord decides to go with TN! I made myself very clear in the fact I did not want to deal with them and wanted to pay the landlord directly. In response I got rude emails from Richard Smillie basically saying I was being a difficult child. The house is in an awful state, we have even had to call Environmental Health in, who have ordered TN to carry out work (no fire alarms, broken asbestos guttering, COCKROACHES, rats, shed full of broken furniture) before the new year. Mr Smillie turned up at our door very smug saying that environmental health said that these problems were not that big of a deal but "as a favour" to us he would complete the work soon. Safe to say, 4 months on it has not been done.

They also won\'t give us details on where our deposit is being held and whether it is actually with the DPS or not.

They are an awful and dishonest company that treat students as second class citizens. They ignore phone calls and emails because they can\'t be bothered to do the work. I am disgusted they have been allowed to advertise in the Students Union. I don\'t know how they sleep at night.
They should be put out of business. The only good reviews they get on here is from the landlords they get the money for.
Attached Files
By: Tenant Network
Feb 06, 2013
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
Naomi you must be aware that all student contract liabilities are joint and several therefore if your housemate leaves the agent/landlord will endeavour to recover the lost rent from the tenant whom has left however if this is not recovered the landlord is perfectly entitled to collect the outstanding rent from the rest of the tenants. Tenant Network were instructed by the landlord to recover the debt from the deposit which we did. Rather than vent your anger at us you should pursue the housemate that left you in the lurch and make a claim against him in the small claims court.

Regarding your tenancy this year we have inherited this property from Astons who have gone bust. Unfortunately as you have chosen to rent through Astons the deposit you paid them will be difficult for you to recover as they were not registered with ARLA so were completely un-licensed. We can not be held accountable for this so your remarks about us with holding information on your deposit are completely unfounded.

Likewise with the maintenance the property was rented through Astons with all of the problems that you are listing. We are picking all of this up second hand and are working with the landlord to get this resolved for you. Property management have your details and will be in touch with you to arrange the works.

In closing this is not the right way to deal with your situation and to leave a review about us that is completely unjustified. We are members of ARLA and The Property Ombudsman follow their code of conduct, we have an internal complaints procedure to follow if you feel that you wish to complain about any aspect of your tenancy, once received we would work with you on resolving the matter. Please follow this course of action if you feel it necessary and remove this review which gives an inaccurate account of events
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END]]
N Lee, you must be aware that all student contract liabilities are joint and several therefore if your housemate leaves the agent/landlord will endeavour to recover the lost rent from the tenant whom has left however if this is not recovered the landlord is perfectly entitled to collect the outstanding rent from the rest of the tenants. Tenant Network were instructed by the landlord to recover the debt from the deposit which we did. Rather than vent your anger at us you should pursue the housemate that left you in the lurch and make a claim against him in the small claims court.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tenant Network Office 3! To leave a new review of Tenant Network Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tenant Network Office 3