Feb 04,2013
Feb 04,2013
Our experience of Acorn has been absolutely terrible from the beginning. It started with turning up at the property twice for viewings and the tenant wasn\'t expecting us (Acorn had confused the the day in the text message the first time). Acorn would "lose" documents that we emailed over, claiming they never received them. Generally no acknowledgement of emails, I had to request that the acknowledge my emails. Communication was terrible.

On day of moving in there was no Gas Certificate so instead of moving in at midday it was gone 6pm before we collected the keys. Acorn delayed time with no explanation as to why until 10am of day of moving in. The reason there was no gas certificate was because Acorn had been told by Landlady she didn\'t want to proceed with the letting as she was so disappointed with the service they provided. Acorn however did not tell us this and took our money, when our landlady found out, 1 week before Christmas, she decided to go ahead with the letting so that we would not be homeless over Christmas. What is an admin fee if not to pay to ensure all things like gas certificates are in place?

I lost a days holiday because of the sloppiness of Acorn, my partner took a days unpaid leave, completely unacceptable on their side.

We\'ve just been told that they miscalculated VAT on our checking out fee so we now owe them more money. They didn\'t do an inventory when we moved in or check how clean the property was (it was really very dirty) yet as a letting agent apparently they come round to check that we are keeping the property in a clean manner. Acorn are completely incompetent.

If I was renting again I would never go through Acorn, I would recommend that anyone renting avoid Acorn like the plague.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Acorn - New Homes Office 8! To leave a new review of Acorn - New Homes Office 8, please click the link below !
Write a review for Acorn - New Homes Office 8