Dec 07,2012
Theresa Benson
Dec 07,2012
I rented a flat from these charlatans for 12 months.The boiler was often going wrong and Fulfords/Countrywide approach to this was appalling.When i first moved in it took them a week to sort out the boiler.During the summer i had to wait over 3 weeks for them to again attend to the boiler.It took an email to the head-office before anything was done and then it was blamed on the fact that the property manager was on holiday.The last boiler incident took 4 days to rectify.At no time do they ever return a call to let you know what is happening.The boiler was over 12 years old and would regularly set off the Carbon Monoxide alarm.NO ACTION AT ALL
Theresa Benson is a terrible letting manager.I received emails saying that i was smoking in the property when i wasn\'t with threats of re-decoration cost.This was on a fortnightly basis and eventually led to me leaving the flat before the contracted end of the tenancy.I couldn\'t stand anymore harrassment and the thought of winter with a knackered dangerous boiler that failed often,combined with the appalling maintenance service.The fun really starts once you want to leave.The costs are extortinate.They are only interested in MONEY,MONEY MONEY.
I understand they are a business but frankly the customer service is possibly the worst i have ever encountered.They don\'t do anything unless there is a fee attached.I would avoid at any cost.They are the most expensive for the initial credit search and inventory(difficult to stomach on an un-furnished flat).Threats if you finish your initial 6 months tenancy aand then want to carry on with a monthly roll-on tenancy.£125 to re-new a lease.£25 if you miss an appointment.The list seems endless.
Everyone said that i would not get my deposit back.Surprise surprise.I get £157.00 from £700.
The flat was left spotless without any damage.
Just about to embark on Countrywides complaints procedure.Please wish me luck.

Fulfords